1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Mousebirdhouse

Discussion in 'Softbill Circle' started by Adam87, 11/13/17.

1. Adam87

Adam87 Checking out the neighborhood

Hi all bird lovers!!!

Last week Friday (03 Nov 17) I found a baby mousebird alongside the road...
    I picked him up and been loving and looking after him ever since then.
    I was mushing banana, apple, pear and a orange and Ive been feeding him hourly through a syringe....he loved it!!!!!

Id been putting him into a shoe box at night and taking him with me to work during the day....however, since he loved climbing and sitting in my long hair I decided to let him lay with me on the couch on Friday night....!!!

To my horror....I fell asleep and woke up on Saturday only to find him.....
    I dont wana talk about that...it hurts too much!!!!!

SO......to anyone who finds a baby mousebird...or knows anyone in the Gauteng South area (Alberton), please can someone get me a baby mousebird again!!! I grew extremely attached to him and he gave me a certain sense of purpose in my life, and now I have nothing!!!!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.......

2. sunnysmom

sunnysmom Cruising the avenue Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award I'm a SECRET SANTA - Are you? I Can't Stop Posting!

Michelle
    I'm very sorry for your loss. Can you perhaps adopt a bird from somewhere?

3. iamwhoiam

iamwhoiam Cruising the avenue Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran

So sorry for your loss.

4. Adam87

Thanks sunnysmom and whoEVERuR....I thought about adopting a bird but theres something about buying a bird or '"adopting" it that just doesnt sit right with me? I found something special in him and myself when i found him sitting helplessly on the side of the road and them nurturing him back to health.

Again....if anyone see's or knows of a baby mousebird looking for a home......Adam87

5. TikiMyn

TikiMyn Jogging around the block

Robin
    You could volunteer at a wildlife rescue:) I get to feed tons of baby birds and small mammals, and when they are grown up they Will move to aviarues outside and once they have adapted they Will be released into the wild:)

WallyLoopey and lyx like this.
  6. Adam87

Yea that's a great idea but I dont think there aren't any close to where I stay....and I also dont have the balls to go to and volunteer at the SPCA.
    To me...there's NOTHING MORE DEPRESSING THAN SEEING THOSE POOR ANIMALS IN CAGES LOOKING FOR A HOME...I JUST DONT HAVE THE STRENGTH!!!

TikiMyn likes this.
  7. TikiMyn

TikiMyn Jogging around the block

Robin
    I understand very wel:heart: but yoi could brighten up their lives Maybe:) though I only do the wild bird rescue, where they are released eventually and that is very rewarding:)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)