• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Mourning dove with ticks

StephFaunce

Meeting neighbors
What is a safe way to remove them? Is it ok to use rubbing alchohol? image.jpg

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Hi, I'm afraid I don't know. Hopefully others can answer. Have you contacted a vet?

@Birdbabe ?

Hana Baig

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Hana Baig
I remember rescuing a Mourning Dove, i don't think rubbing alcohol is a good idea but there is this spray that removes mites and stuff called DYNA-MITE bird spray, you can buy it online. Hope this helps:bounce3:

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Your gonna have to pick them off, make sure you get the head, then burn the little b@$#@(($ till you hear them pop! Never heard of a bird with ticks, but I hope you get them all and the baby feels better!

StephFaunce

Meeting neighbors
I did talk to a friend of mine who works with arizona game and fish and also an avian rehabilitation center! They did confirm they are ticks and they said rubbing alcohol should be fine in moderation or a very small amount! I only have plans on putting it on the tick to help get it out and with my tick experiences rubbing alcohol kills them almost instantly! Wish me luck that I find them all and my other birds didn't get any! Today I am working on that and their cages too just in case there's more in them!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Thank you for letting us know.