• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Most recent of my ARN

Denice

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Denice Crago
Well I feel pretty certain that Moto is a female, would like your opinions? Moto would be approx 19 months old at this point. I love her tail it is so long, she lost the tail feathers twice but now they have grown back nicely. She enjoys her time out of the cage but still won't tolerate being touched. She and my parrotlet get along great during play time, but I always supervise just in case. Moto face.jpg Moto tail.jpg

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Moto certainly is a cutie!

At 19 months...and the lack of any type of ring yet...my guess is that Moto is a girl. ARNs are a lot like IRNs in the fact that most of them really don't like to be touched...and there's no real need to do so, anyways...;)

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Beautiful Moto!

Denice

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Denice Crago
Moto certainly is a cutie!

At 19 months...and the lack of any type of ring yet...my guess is that Moto is a girl. ARNs are a lot like IRNs in the fact that most of them really don't like to be touched...and there's no real need to do so, anyways...;)

Yes you are right but I would like to be able to handle her for the sake of vet checks, and nail trimming. I have no need to touch her on a daily basis.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Titan was always a problem child for those situations. He never bit anyone while being handled, but boy, did he scream like he was getting murdered.
Then he'd go sit in the back of his cage with the "I AM OFFENDED DEEPLY" look on his face...then after about 10 minutes, he'd want kisses again...;)

Lizardking

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Duane
I would guestimate that Moto is a girl . Although Quinn , my IRN , s ring really didn't start to develop til he was about a year and a half old !
As far as handling goes , once she learns to "step up" the rest is easy ! :)

100_5929.jpg

100_7259.jpg

Denice

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Denice Crago
moto ky swing.jpg
Pic of Kya my parrotlet on the left and Moto on the new play area I made for them. They tolerate each other but I wouldn't say they are best friends.

Denice

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Denice Crago
I would guestimate that Moto is a girl . Although Quinn , my IRN , s ring really didn't start to develop til he was about a year and a half old !
As far as handling goes , once she learns to "step up" the rest is easy ! :)

View attachment 264810

View attachment 264811
He is beautiful. I think african ringnecks are a little different than IRN, at least in my experience. Moto was not hand raised or handled. She is very skittish and I cannot touch her, she just comes out on her own and goes back to her cage on her own. She does watch intently when I handle Kya, but from a distance.