• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Morning Snackies!

SeverelySweet

Sprinting down the street
20170417_133840.jpg
Hey lady...I wanna go outside. And also, I would like a snack.

20170420_105217.jpg
Seriously...a carrot?

20170420_105222.jpg Really...a carrot....what's up with no Cheetos for weeks now?

20170420_105240.jpg
Guess a carrot will have to do....oh, hey, this is actually pretty good!

He's such a picky little brat,no swear! Lol! Carrots will only be eaten on his stand, never in/on the cage. Breakfast must consist of birdie bread, pomegranate avrils, and dark cherries....or he's not eating it. Almonds must be in the shell, but not pistachios.

Oy, hes a crazy one!

Attachments

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Cute!

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
You're lucky. I can't get Buzzard to eat any raw vegetables (& some fruits) past the first bite. After that, he'll still take them from you, but drops them as soon as his tongue touches 'em. Lol I'm re-trying the veggies cooked now hoping we can work our way back to raw. :rolleyes:
But maybe it's just that he has specific demands like Syd. Like maybe he wants his carrots crinkle cut and his broccoli rinsed with bottled water first? Lol :roflmao: I don't know how on earth you've learned your guy so well, but I sure am open to any tips! ;)

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I laugh, but what if it's true?:confused:

SeverelySweet

You're lucky. I can't get Buzzard to eat any raw vegetables (& some fruits) past the first bite. After that, he'll still take them from you, but drops them as soon as his tongue touches 'em. Lol I'm re-trying the veggies cooked now hoping we can work our way back to raw. :rolleyes:
But maybe it's just that he has specific demands like Syd. Like maybe he wants his carrots crinkle cut and his broccoli rinsed with bottled water first? Lol :roflmao: I don't know how on earth you've learned your guy so well, but I sure am open to any tips! ;)
I've spent 16 months performing the "trial and error" method with Syd. And, I've found that what works for/with him today....yeah, probably won't be the case next week. He's extremely picky over absolutely everything, I swear!

The only real constant is breakfast. It absolutely must be pomegranate avrils, dark cherries, and birdie bread...or he will turn his beak up at it, and look at me like I'm the one who's crazy, lol.

He's not big on veggies at all....raw, steamed, half cooked....none of it tickles his fancy (though I continue trying on a daily basis). I know he really needs those vitamins and iron, so I just shred them up and bake right into the Birdie bread that he eats every morning. I'm holding my breath wondering when he will figure that part out...hahahaha!

MiniMacaw

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lisa
Oh my gosh so cute. Fred is the same way! Extremely picky! Almonds in the shell must be half started so he can see the almond inside or he'll throw it away. He will only eat said almonds in his purple hoop, not the white one lol.

SeverelySweet

Oh my gosh so cute. Fred is the same way! Extremely picky! Almonds in the shell must be half started so he can see the almond inside or he'll throw it away. He will only eat said almonds in his purple hoop, not the white one lol.
*scritching own head, wondering if it's a Severe thing?

alshgs

Avenue Veteran
Such a cutie though!

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Oh my goodness, they're both so picky. I guess I should thank my lucky stars that Buzz is willing to eat what he does like so easily. :laugh:

metalstitcher

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
He is a cutie