• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

More reasons to not let people know you have parrots!

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Poor birds. I hope the shop owners upgrade their security system and get the rest of the birds back, but it is unlikely and I sure would not have the birds clearly visible from the big window.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
That's why I really don't post many pictures, videos, etc, to the various social media outlets...I'd imagine that a certain bird that lives with me would be an inviting target...

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Oh that is so scary. I knew one Gouldian breeder that someone broke in and took ALL hers. She figured out who it was and got them back. We're trying to learn to be more low-key about ours and how many we have. I also stopped inviting buyers in to view them some months back; now I will ask what they want and meet them somewhere, if I ever have any for sale or adoption again.

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Awful!!! Hope these guys get caught!

WallyLoopey

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kate
When traveling I take several of my birds with me. If I have to stay at a hotel I pay the pet fee but cages are completely covered when I bring them in the room. We definately don’t advertise that we have them!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That's very sad and scary. Hope the birds can be located and the thieves are arrested. They should check Craigslist and other for sale websites to see if anyone has posted these birds for sale.