• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Mookie

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Mookie was put to sleep today after sharing 17 loving years with my family.
She was the friendliest and prettiest Siamese cat I have ever seen and had the pleasure to know.
She was bought for my daughter when my daughter was three and she was totally feral, we found out she was born and spent the first few months of her life at a horrid kitty mill so I feel that coming home with us was the best thing that could have happened to her.
They could not use her to breed with as she thankfully had all the wrong qualities the breeders want.
She was just perfect for my family and she will be very terribly missed. She has been a part of my family for so long that it just feels weird not having her here anymore.
Her ashes will be returned to us hopefully within the fortnight, I can not believe she is gone.
Love you to bits Mooks, I will miss you so much each and every day....even more at night as you will no longer come and annoy me (all night long) to keep you cozy and warm. Rest well beautiful girl, I hope your old best friend Oggie is waiting for you to help you in your new journey.

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Oh my gosh, that is SO sad. We can think of the long years we have had them, but we are never, ever ready to let them go.
It sounds like Mookie was such a sweetheart, and she was so very much loved. I know that she and my LingLing are playing
at Rainbow Bridge waiting for us to join them. :sadhug2::sorrow:

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
I am so sorry for your loss...

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I'm sorry Mookie is gone. :sadhug: She was a very lucky girl:hug3: to be so dearly loved for so long.

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm so sorry for your loss. Sounds like you gave Mookie a very happy life. and I'm sure she knew how much she was loved.

WendyN

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
I am very sorry about Mookie.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
I am so sorry for your loss of Sweet Mookie.

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh, love, I'm so sorry. :sad11: Mookie sounds like a wonderful cat.

But what an amazing long life she got to have, with a family who adored her and endless love showering over her. She was one lucky kitty. :hug2:

Rest in peace, sweet Mookie. :sorrow::heart:

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I’m so very sorry for your loss of Mookie. :sorrow: She sounds like she was a good friend and that she had a wonderful life with you.
:sadhug2:

Imogena

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Joanna
Oh, that is so sad. I'm sorry you have to go through this. I hope that in time you will feel less pain and good memories of Mookie will make you feel better.

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
My condolences to you and your family :bighug::sorrow::sadhug:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Thank you all very much for your kind words, they mean an awful lot to me and have helped to lessen the pain a bit.
She definitely was one very special kind of cat who broke a lot of the cat rules, she liked to share shower time with me often which was very strange and she also liked to sit with her feet in the dog water bowl. She was a little obsessed with water at times.
We will certainly miss the laughs she gave us at all the things she would steal to drown in her water bowl. Nearly everyday we would find hair ties, trinkets or other small random items floating in her water dish. Not sure why she did this but it kept her busy.
Very quiet lonely night without her last night and my dog is very off this morning....maybe he is missing his morning routine of liking her clean while she complains about it. Lol.
We will donate all her belongings to the local vet who often takes in stray cats and keeps them till she can find them new homes.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
she liked to sit with her feet in the dog water bowl... we would find hair ties, trinkets or other small random items floating in her water dish.
?? What a delightfully quirky kitty! :joyful:
my dog is very off this morning....maybe he is missing his morning routine of liking her clean while she complains about it. Lol.
:laugh: That must have been something. I'd like to have seen your face the first time you saw them do that. :shocking:

That is a very nice idea to donate her belongings to homeless kitties. And it sounds like you have a wonderful vet. :heart2:

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I'm so sorry for your loss of Mookie. :sorrow:She sounds like such a character! It's great she had such a long life and was so loved :heart:

Sylvester

Hit the Road
I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved blue eye friend, Mookie.

You did right by Mookie in adopting her and giving her a chance for a better life. She, in return, gave you seventeen years of loyal love.

Mookie is not gone, you just can't see her. But one day you will, and it will be like she never left.