• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Molting?

Fatgirl

Sprinting down the street
Hey everyone, my 5 year old grey Bobo has been releasing a lo of floofs for the past 5 days. And this all occurs in his preen sessions. He accumulates around 30 floofs per session. No other feathers just white floofs, and when I picked one up and pulled it apart it was filled with the white dust they have. He's eating a lot more, his poops are a good shape and color. His diet is fresh fruits and veg, egg, pellets, seed mix, lemons and chilies. He's talkative and chipper as per usual, playing, wrestling us, destroying things. He has been slightly aggressive with everyone, except his person, my brother. We gave him a bath today and since then hes been calmer.

Another thing to mention is that I live in a SUPER hot country, currently we are at 45c during the days, our ac is on all the time. But summer has started, so is this molting? Usually his molts aren't so extreme like this time.

Here's a photo of his cage after a preen.

IMG_20170523_191637.jpg

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Looks and sounds normal to me!

What does Bobo look like? If it's abnormal you'll see bald patches. Otherwise he might look scruffy and poorly groomed for a bit but that's normal :)

They lose feathers like we lose hair.

Fatgirl

Sprinting down the street
Looks and sounds normal to me!

What does Bobo look like? If it's abnormal you'll see bald patches. Otherwise he might look scruffy and poorly groomed for a bit but that's normal :)

They lose feathers like we lose hair.

Hes not patchy at all, he has all his feathers, and I've noticed hes become brighter almost, he looks as if his feathers are brighter.

Here's a pic of Bobo.

DSC_0055.JPG

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I wouldn't be worried then, it all sounds normal to me!