1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

molting

Discussion in 'Ringneck and other Keet Street' started by Bek, 5/16/17.

1. Bek

Bek Sitting on the front steps

Bek
    hello, just wondering if anyone has pics of their ringnecks when they are molting plz? I'm trying to work out if my bird is molting or if there could be something wrong. Thanks

2. Birdbabe

Birdbabe Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran

I don't have any pics of Merlin moutling, but he has started to. He looses his tail, flights and gets big bald spot's on his head,,he's looks crappy homeless and unwanted...Lol. It usually starts around now and he'll be all pretty again by September.

3. Bek

Bek
    Thank you for replying. Does Merlin get grumpy at all? This is Mylo he looks as though he isn't owned atm and is trying to bite all the time. WP_20170515_20_55_53_Pro.jpg WP_20170516_15_03_01_Pro (2).jpg

Attached Files:

4. Bek

Bek
    I do not know the sex I just seem to say "he" and "good boy" lol

5. Birdbabe

Birdbabe Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran

Yeah, Merlin gets very grumpy and screamy and dosent want to be touched .,,,or he's clingy,,, depends on his mood.

Bek likes this.
  6. Bek

Bek
    Do you think from the pics Mylo could be molting?

7. janicedyh

janicedyh Jogging around the block

Janice
    Kiwi is a real pin head right now. She doesn't want me touching her at all and is VERY grumpy. She looks really rough. This is her first heavy molt, her first was a light baby type molt but this one is BIG. I was worried at first but she seems to be getting replacements for the ones she has lost.

Bek likes this.
  8. Bek

Bek
    Do you have any pics janicedyh? Do you think Mylo could be starting to molt? I've only had him a few months and is my first bird so completely new to me

9. janicedyh

Janice
    How old is he? I don't want to scare you but no, Kiwi doesn't have the places on her chest like Mylo. I'm not saying you have a plucking situations because birds lose feathers everywhere during a mold but your first picture does look a little suspicious. Would others please post a pic of their birds molt? I think it would be helpful. Right now I don't have anything to take a pic with...sorry.

10. Bek

Bek
    I bought him as a 5 month old in January

11. Bek

Bek
    Does anyone else have any pics please? Janicedyh do you think it could be something else? I'm with him most of the time and havnt seen him plucking at all? Is there anyway I can tell his/ her age? (obvious signs of a young or older bird) I'm trying my best atm to get him to eat a complete diet (katee) I've tried the Harrisons pellets, he will not touch these at all.

12. janicedyh

Janice
  13. Bek

Bek
    ok then, thank you for your advice ☺

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)