• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Mitthu and Chhotu's first vet visit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juhi882

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Juhi
so as you'll know and i took mitthu n chhotu along with me to my parents place i took them mainly because i wanted have them checked once by an avian vet and there's one avian vet in mumbai

the vet said they looked pretty healthy with good feather condition, she said mitthu is a bit plump which i always thought she was!

i was told to wait outside the cabin when the vet took them for taking the blood as i looked very nervous but i kept peering though the glass but couldn't see clearly anyways she called me in after 15 mins and said mitthu was easy to handle and it went smoothly whereas chhotu she started kicking and biting the vet so it was difficult to take the blood sample from her!!
the vet said mitthu's blood took a very long time to clot and chhotu's blood clotted really fast!
so in i went and gave them lots of kisses and kept talking to them.
the results came after a week nd both of them are suspected of haemophilius, rest of the things came fine.

they are both on meds for a week which ends tomorrow.

hope that everything will be fine now. thanks a lot to my avain vet Dr. Shiwani Tandel

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
so glad you are posting again you bad girl...wondering where you were..glad the visit went well..

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
Juhi! have so missed reading any posts from you and do hope all went well with your trip to your parents home.
It is always reassuring to know that your birds are fine, even if they tell you they are!
Not sure if you have been in touch on a regular basis to Avian Avenue, but I had a brain haemorrhage back in June and since had two months in two different hospitals and about four brain operations. Now home and practically recovered, looking forward to being back to my "normal" very soon.
Will never forget last Xmas and the secret Santa that we participated in, just so helped to make my Xmas! Hope it will be done again this year, but a lot of sorting out and work for someone I know.
So lovely hearing from you again, and hope to be reading a lot more of your posts in the near future. :hug8:

CeddysMum

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Astrid (formerly: 'featherbaby')
I am so glad you managed to get them checked out! It must be a great relief for you!!! And hopefully the meds have done their job! GREAT that they are healthy otherwise!

:hug8::hug8::hug8:

Juhi882

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Juhi
Juhi! have so missed reading any posts from you and do hope all went well with your trip to your parents home.
It is always reassuring to know that your birds are fine, even if they tell you they are!
Not sure if you have been in touch on a regular basis to Avian Avenue, but I had a brain haemorrhage back in June and since had two months in two different hospitals and about four brain operations. Now home and practically recovered, looking forward to being back to my "normal" very soon.
Will never forget last Xmas and the secret Santa that we participated in, just so helped to make my Xmas! Hope it will be done again this year, but a lot of sorting out and work for someone I know.
So lovely hearing from you again, and hope to be reading a lot more of your posts in the near future. :hug8:
Ann :hug8:
i was one among the others to pray for your speedy recovery, i remember that very well we were all so worried about you my dear friend. i cant tell you how glad i am to see you back with us....:hug8:
i sooo am looking forward to the secret santa thing it was the best experience :highfive:

Juhi882

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Juhi
I am so glad you managed to get them checked out! It must be a great relief for you!!! And hopefully the meds have done their job! GREAT that they are healthy otherwise!

it indeed is a great relief Astrid! i've been soo worried regarding their health for past few mnths and wass soo frustrated at having no access to an avian vet. now that the vet has seen them once she can help me if ever any issue arises:)

CeddysMum

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Astrid (formerly: 'featherbaby')
... now that the vet has seen them once she can help me if ever any issue arises:)
Oh that is Wonderful, Juhi! I'm really really glad for you and your girls!

Daisy's Mom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
We missed you... :hug8: Sooo glad you were able to see the avian vet... That must be a huge relief for you... :hug8:

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Welcome back. :hug8: How was the trip home? How are your parents? What is haemophilius? I had to laugh because your's was the first thread I saw today and as you know I have a Chotu and Mitthu and I thought :huh:.

Ginger

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
I am glad that you were able to get them to the avian vet and they are relatively healthy

*K*J*B*

Real Name
Kylee
Thanks for the update. Glad to hear they are doing well and got their meds.

Juhi882

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Juhi
Welcome back. :hug8: How was the trip home? How are your parents? What is haemophilius? I had to laugh because your's was the first thread I saw today and as you know I have a Chotu and Mitthu and I thought :huh:.

Ginger

:lol: i know what you mean!! happened to me too, i log in and there's a thread abt 'your'mitthu and chhotu but i didn't notice ur name and i was like :confused::huh: :lol:

haemophilius is a bacterial infection commonly seen in poultry causing respiratory disease i guess that is the reason mitthu was having the wet nares issue on and off.

oh and my trip was great i'm more happy because i know my kids enjoyed it more than i did! my mom and other family members went crazy for mitthu and chhotu they have never ever interacted with any pets before so this was a totaly new experience for them and i didn't know how they would take all the noise and mess but man, my family simply adores them!
my mom texts me often to send chhotu back! :lol:
chhotu is a queen here and she was a queen there!:lol:

Chicklette

Real Name
Courtney
Oh Im glad it went well and that they are almost done their meds, keep us posted.

Billie Faye

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
So glad you were able to get them to the vets!
Missed you!
:hug8:

Status
Not open for further replies.