• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Miss you everyday Huginn.

Erikalynnha

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
I can't believe its been a year since I've had to say goodbye. I've lost pets before but have never felt this heartbroken. You took big piece of my heart when you left and I will always love and miss your angry little butt.

Uchtred still looks for you behind cages (because you liked to squeeze behind them, dork). I know she misses you alot. Lennerd has been a wonderful companion to her, having him has definitely brung life back to her.

Jellybean ask what you are doing everyday and still says "Go poopie Huey" every morning. I know its habit but I'm glad that he will always remember your name.

I hope you are being a good boy. Don't bully anyone up there.

Fly forever free Huey. I love you.

2018-03-23_09.34.40.jpg 20160811_164507~2.jpg

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
:sadhug2:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
It's so hard when you lose that special bird.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So sorry for your loss.

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
:bluhug:I’m so sorry, big hugs to you.

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
I'm so sorry. :(
And I know how heartbroken you are, and like Birdbabe says, we understand.
The thing you wrote was beautiful. ♥
:hug4::hug4::hug4::hug4::hug4::hug4::hug4:

Erikalynnha

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
I lost my cousin a couple months before Huey passed and everyone said don't worry he will take care of Huginn. It makes me smile imagining my cousin (who loved animals) trying to befriend him and getting the crap bite out of him or Huey flying over to poop on him then fleeing lol. Huginn was a total brat but he was my brat! He used to try and fight my father all the time. I called him my sour patch fid. He will always be my heart bird.

Thanks everyone having people I can share this with and understand makes today more bearable :hug4:

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I've lost pets before but have never felt this heartbroken. You took big piece of my heart when you left and I will always love and miss your angry little butt.
I can relate to this. When I lost Zane he took a huge part of my heart too. I never understood what "your heart bird" meant until I lost Zane. I always thought it meant you loved one bird more than others. I understand it's not about that now. It's just you this special connection with a bird and not about loving more or less. I'm sorry for your loss

Erikalynnha

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
I can relate to this. When I lost Zane he took a huge part of my heart too. I never understood what "your heart bird" meant until I lost Zane. I always thought it meant you loved one bird more than others. I understand it's not about that now. It's just you this special connection with a bird and not about loving more or less. I'm sorry for your loss

Beautifully said and I 100% agree, it is a special connection, one I will always have even though he is not with me physically. I am sorry for your loss of Zane too. They really do a number when they go. Although I know that you and I would rather they be here with us, I take some solace knowing that they are free of pain and watching over us.

I had a dream about Huey a couple months after he passed. I was playing video games and he was on top of my head (it was how we spent time together). I told him it was time for bed then woke up. It really felt like he had been there. My mother says that is his way of telling me he is ok and misses me. I had been in a state of horrible, crippling depression before that dream. Even though I still get sad it really help me and as crazy as it sounds I still tell him goodnight and that I love him before bed every night.

Wthensler

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
William hensler
We often think of our rescue DYH Mickey and have the fondest memories of him, short as the time was that we had him (2 years). We never imagined how the loss of a bird would affect us.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I had a dream about Huey a couple months after he passed. I was playing video games and he was on top of my head (it was how we spent time together). I told him it was time for bed then woke up. It really felt like he had been there. My mother says that is his way of telling me he is ok and misses me.
I totally agree.

and as crazy as it sounds I still tell him goodnight and that I love him before bed every night.
Every night I always say the same thing I said to Cassie before I covered her up for the night..."Goodnight Cassie, Be a Good Bird..Daddy loves you"...

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
I am so sorry for your loss

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator