• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Miss Patty Button Welcomes you to the Enrichment and Foraging Park!!

VantCors

Strolling the yard
Try a cork perch, soft pine toys to chew on, and anything that jingles (Avian Stainless makes amazing safe durable jingly toys).
Is Avian Stainless still around? I can't find it

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Is Avian Stainless still around? I can't find it
They closed but there is a possibility it will reopen under new owners. We are all holding our breath here.

Renee's Birds

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Renee Mills
20190619_172757.jpg
Experimenting in navigating this site so forgive me for any mistakes I make.

I rescued this 15 month old male Eclectus parrot last Sunday on Father's Day. He was locked up in a cage & ignored. Fortunately he's young enough & doesn't show any signs of trauma. I brought him home & settled him into his new home. I opened his doors in case he wanted to venture out & he did, immediately. He stepped up when I asked him too & he began to munch on a carrot from my hand. I handed him a tiny piece of carrot to see how he would react & he took it so gently from between my fingers w/that big beautiful orange beak of his. He didn't even have a name, so I've named him *Saint*.

He has been eating nothing but terrible dyed pellets filled w/salt & sugar & dried fruits & nuts. The people spent a small fortune on huge bags of pellets & dried fruit & nut mixes.

I had a smooth time converting him off Pretty Bird & Zupreem to Top's pellets & seed mix. Getting him to eat fresh chop is the struggle. He likes carrots & hates anything that's soft & mushy.

Saint is very sweet & gentle & he immediately responded positively to head scratches & then he began to snuggle my neck & give me kisses.

While I continue to introduce him to fresh chop he's at least eating the pellets, he loves the Top's pellets & seed mix. I've been trying everything in my wheel house of visual trickery to get him to try fresh food.

I invite your idea's.

Thank you,

Renee