• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Mini-macaw Check-in

bleehanna

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
brian hanna
Just found your site about mini macaws. I am writing about our Hans mini macaw, Kiwi. We lost our 23 year old dusky conure the end of November. My wife was Dinsdale's only human from when she was a fledgling. We brought Kiwi into the house (as a rescue) about nine years ago as a companion for Dinsdale. They have been inseparable these many years. We do not feel it is right to now have Kiwi as an only bird. We want her to have the company of another bird, but we can't take on another bird at this time. Kiwi is now 10 years old, in perfect health, with about a 25-30 word vocabulary. Kiwi is smart and potty trained. If anyone can help us find Kiwi a loving home we would be forever grateful. We will not place her in a breeding situation.

kiwi.JPG

Last edited:

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Just found your site about mini macaws. I am writing about our Hans mini macaw, Kiwi. We lost our 23 year old dusky conure the end of November. My wife was Dinsdale's only human from when she was a fledgling. We brought Kiwi into the house (as a rescue) about nine years ago as a companion for Dinsdale. They have been inseparable these many years. We do not feel it is right to now have Kiwi as an only bird. We want her to have the company of another bird, but we can't take on another bird at this time. Kiwi is now 10 years old, in perfect health, with about a 25-30 word vocabulary. Kiwi is smart and potty trained. If anyone can help us find Kiwi a loving home we would be forever grateful. We will not place her in a breeding situation.

View attachment 129613
Brian, you might want to post this information on Rehome Highway, where more potential adopters might see it :) And, good luck with little Kiwi.

starreys

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Sarah
here are my two minis Rio is 3 month older then my female Wuru breeder called her that name and she is use to it so i kept it , she is the sweetest alas my male is a tad nippy likes to sit on you but doesnt like fingers or hands.I got my male in Jan 12 and my female 3 months later they love each other to bits but often squabble. They are such characters .
IMG_0281 (640x443).jpg rio 26.11 (640x427).jpg wuru 26.11 (640x360).jpg

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:eek: Wow! Thanks for sharing!! Mini mac owners sure love their mini's. Such a great thread and I never added my Mabel (severe macaw)!! She'll be 5 years old in July!:heart: She's my mini mac who was also my humane purchase parrot.

Attachments