• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Milton throws a temper tantrum...

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
When I was in the bedroom today, I picked up the tin that has the pens, clippers, etc in it...I needed to clip my fingernails. Milton knows all the "goodies" are in this tin, and wanted it...

Milton: "WAT DAT?!" (he knows what it is ;))

Me: I want to cut my nails, Bird.

Milton: "I LIKE IT ...I WANT IT"...

Me: You can't have it...there are things that could hurt you in it...

Milton: "BUT I WANT IT"...

Me: You can't have it, sorry...

Milton now goes to the top of his cage and starts running back and forth...

Milton: (getting angrier) "GIVE ME NOW!"

Milty's worked himself into that "dangerous 'too" mood now..so I know better than to put myself in his reach.

Me: You need to cool off, Bird...

Milton runs back into his cage...screaming all the way...within seconds, three bowls and the phone book are disconnected from their places...and thrown OUT of the cage...

Milton: "YOU BAD BIRD DAD...I WANT DAT NOW!"

Me: Sorry, Bird.

For the next half hour, the house is echoing with angry 'too screaming......then Milt came out of his cage and pooped on the wall...

...oh well...some days are more challenging than others...:rolleyes:

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Good grief! Bob, I don't care what Milton says, YOU GOOD BIRD DAD for keeping him safe from himself. :yes1:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
..the good thing is that Milton displays CLEAR BODY LANGUAGE when he gets upset...and we pick up on these clear signals and respond to him in a proper way...

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Oh my. I wonder if Elvis taught Milton or Milton taught Elvis the throwing the food dish? That's Elvis's go to- "I am mad and want attention" thing.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Wow, that’s quite the temper tantrum! Hopefully he burned off some steam, and that won’t happen again for a while!

AutumnRain

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kelsey
That's funny! Also, unfortunately for Emery, your thread reminded me that I needed to clip her nails today. Good thing she doesn't know that, because then Milton wouldn't be the only bird who isn't happy with you. Although, I suspect that Emery gets over being upset a lot sooner. :hilarious:

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
Oh how I have missed Milton stories!!!! Your a good bird dad Bob!!!:yes1:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Why not record one of these tantrums. It would be interesting to see and hear. Dont think we have seen or heard much of Milton. I know he is camera shy but there are ways of hiding them.

Last edited:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Why not record one of these tantrums. It would be interesting to see and hear. Dont think we have seen or heard much of Milton. I know he is camera shy but there are ways of hiding them.
...you're quite correct in that most people don't see or hear Milton in action. There are other reasons, besides being camera shy, that not many pics or videos come from me...I used to put video and a lot of pics of my birds on the internet...and I'd get savaged about my home or not having the newest furniture, or that my house wasn't spotlessly clean, etc, etc, etc.
I don't need that in my life...I know to roadies, that stuff wouldn't matter...but this is a public forum, so anyone can come on it.

There are many pictures floating around the Erie area of Milton and his visits...my brother took some pictures last month when Milty was at the baseball game...I'll have to ask him to post those pictures next time he gets a chance...:)

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Wow Milty is something for sure! He's so articulate, it's so amazing! GIVE ME NOW, wow he sure knows how to use language. Amazing birds!:shocking:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Oh I am sorry Milty got so upset and that you now have to clean poop off the wall but geez the descriptions you give of Milty and his behavior just make me love him more each time I read something new :)

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
BAD BIRD DAD spoiled Milton's fun. Silly 'too.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
...you're quite correct in that most people don't see or hear Milton in action. There are other reasons, besides being camera shy, that not many pics or videos come from me...I used to put video and a lot of pics of my birds on the internet...and I'd get savaged about my home or not having the newest furniture, or that my house wasn't spotlessly clean, etc, etc, etc.
I don't need that in my life...I know to roadies, that stuff wouldn't matter...but this is a public forum, so anyone can come on it.

There are many pictures floating around the Erie area of Milton and his visits...my brother took some pictures last month when Milty was at the baseball game...I'll have to ask him to post those pictures next time he gets a chance...:)

LOL...Me too...I;ve been thru alot of health issues the last 3 plus years...I take some vids & then I think oooh they will see my table with all sorts of pots all over it...Well its only me & sometimes when I need room & am sorting the stuff goes on the table...Just the way it is...Truthfully I think bird people know as none of us could have a spread in House Beautiful...LOL So what do we do...Let a few ignorant people tell us how we should live our lives & make us refrain from enjoying our birds???? I think the best thing about getting older is finally not giving a chit on the wall what others think about our life...Come on....Celebrate life & share Milton with us...We;ve all seen crap on the wall, floor & cage & sometimes on our heads & faces...:hug8::dance4::rofl:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Hi JoJo and Loki...

...ah iz taykin over dis thred cuz ah can...rewembur to include DA BBBIIITTTEEESS along with da poops on da wall...itz much mor effekitive dat way...

Milton da Too :umbrella2:

Khizz

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Although not fun for you, my husband was tickled by this :laugh: he finds any 'too antics hilarious! He would LOVE a too!

Incidentally, are 'toos generally good talkers? Milton seems to be really quite chatty!