• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Milton bites...

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
aww Milty you better behave...would love a video of him talking please........
Milty hates cameras and has destroyed a couple. Therefore we have to settle for the stories.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
There are a precious few videos of Milton talking...they belong to people who have been brave enough to get the video when we visit the laundromat. :laundry:
I distract Milty so they can get the video...but lately he's been seeing right through the charade, clams up, and tries to attack the phone/person. :mad:

To me, it's just not worth getting Milty all upset by using a device around him...

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
There are a precious few videos of Milton talking...they belong to people who have been brave enough to get the video when we visit the laundromat. :laundry:
I distract Milty so they can get the video...but lately he's been seeing right through the charade, clams up, and tries to attack the phone/person. :mad:

To me, it's just not worth getting Milty all upset by using a device around him...
You need one of those sketch artists they use in courtrooms. ;)

Riptide Queen

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Uri
Uh Oh, someone has been a very naughty 'snowpig'!! It always amazes me when I read his stories he's such an intelligent bird! but i'm glad he didn't break anybody's skin!

On a side note about molting, Melon and the wild IRNs are also molting too. I've found wild IRN tail feathers/wing feathers along with a bunch when I walk home from work! and Melon is very moody because her molt is... Dare i say it... Destroying her beauty complexion! :lol:

Now she gets mad when I point out her new feathers growing in!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Even when naughty, Milton is adorable.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Melon is very moody because her molt is... Dare i say it... Destroying her beauty complexion!
Titan would always get very gumpy when he molted out his precious tail feathers...;)

Loppy

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jen
I'm glad Cathy is okay! And glad Milty can both own up and warn you when he's in a bitey mood. I hope the mood passes soon for everyone!

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I hope the mood passes soon for everyone!
I really think it's his molting that's upsetting him. This afternoon, he was grabbing at one of the blood feathers in his crest. After a few minutes he came over to me and shoved that side of his head into my hand so I could rub the feather that was bothering him...

Loppy

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jen
I really think it's his molting that's upsetting him. This afternoon, he was grabbing at one of the blood feathers in his crest. After a few minutes he came over to me and shoved that side of his head into my hand so I could rub the feather that was bothering him...
Aww! Poor Milty! I always wish there was a way to magically make molting easier for our fids.

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
DAD can you fix this for me... :xflove:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
DAD can you fix this for me... :xflove:
It is nice to know that Milton trusts me enough when it comes to his blood feathers. These feathers are full-bore...the sheaths are very hard. Showering does make them more comfortable, but we still have to wait as they grow. I VERY gently roll the feather...and Milty makes a kind of "purr" when I do it correctly...

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Nerd, and eventually even Lurch let me work on the feather sheaths. Both would growl if I teaked it wrong but would let me continue. Of course at first if Lurch detected any feather hurt I got da bitez.
Dobby loves sister and she is allowed to scritch him, he even grabs her fingers to drag them to his head. Dobby will occasionally allow me a begrudging scritch when she isn't home and I'll keep working on it. They choose who they choose and he isn't homicidal towards me and he's happy so that's all that counts.

Maxsmom

Avenue Veteran
Nerd, and eventually even Lurch let me work on the feather sheaths. Both would growl if I teaked it wrong but would let me continue. Of course at first if Lurch detected any feather hurt I got da bitez.
Dobby loves sister and she is allowed to scritch him, he even grabs her fingers to drag them to his head. Dobby will occasionally allow me a begrudging scritch when she isn't home and I'll keep working on it. They choose who they choose and he isn't homicidal towards me and he's happy so that's all that counts.
So wonderful to hear how happy Dobby is @momazon