• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Mighty Nest website

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Has anyone bought anything from the site? Supposedly bird safe, but I don't know firsthand. Someone told me there's a kind of alunimum wrap safe to bake with? I was not aware it was a danger. I don't cook a lot. I'm a baker.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I guess no one buys from that site. I guess I'll stick to making - or trying to make - cinnamon rolls in a long glass dish.

Donna turner

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Donna
I cook using aluminum wrap for shake n bake stuff frequently. I wasn't aware of aluminum cookware being a problem. Is it ? Bird doesn't ever seem affected.

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I don't think so. I think it's ok. The two sheets I bought are so heavy! I gave them to my mom after I got some pizza stone for making cookies, but mom gave the alunimum sheets back.

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
When you say aluminum wrap, do you mean aluminum foil? Aluminum foil is only unsafe when it's the kind that has a nonstick layer-- if I'm not mistaken I think Reynold's makes a certain aluminum foil with a nonstick something or another. Otherwise, plain aluminum foil is totally safe, as are aluminum baking sheets. You just have to be careful because sometimes when you scrub them very hard, flakes can come off because aluminum is very soft.

I've ordered from Mighty Nest-- not for bird things, but general housewares-- and had a good experience.

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
We use aluminum foil when baking stuff, and always have. Chirp doesn't seem to be affected, and the vet says he's healthy.