• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Might have messed up..

Stevetomobs

Strolling the yard
I might have moved a parakeet egg...I thought it would help the mom move into an actual nesting box or you know..the makeshift one I put in there that I moved the egg into.
Look I didn't know what to do, I'm still new to the whole,"my parakeets laying eggs thing." I panicked! I probably should have asked on here first but now I'm kinda panicked. I knew she was gonna lay eggs, that's why I moved her and here mate out of the first place...well one of the reasons that is, and the eggs landing at the bottom of the cage usually isn't a good sign for my birds, they usually just end up not being taken care of and die. I put another makeshift one in there before but she just kinda ate it cause it was made of cardboard..
I know I'm probably overreacting but I don't know. I thought it would help but I'm really unsure. Anyone got advice or can someone tell me if I'm overreacting or not? Please.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Breeding any kind of bird species is difficult and fraught with tragedy sometimes, even for those who are experienced. Please reconsider breeding these birds.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Breeding any kind of bird species is difficult and fraught with tragedy sometimes, even for those who are experienced. Please reconsider breeding these birds.
I'll second that. You have no idea what you're doing trying to breed these birds so please reconsider doing it. Replace the eggs with fakes and let them go about their business.