• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Microscope & Bird Poop

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
I searched & found original owner of 18 years & she says thats normal for her esp with lots of fruits & I guess I have been spoiling her!

I feel better now was so...:nervous::backout:

enigma731

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
20180202_182516.jpg

One of my tiels loves water and poops like this all the time. She's perfectly healthy according to extensive testing. It's good to monitor poop, but there's definitely individual variation in what's normal.

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
:faint:...OK ...feeling much better now!!!! Its just she is new & I want her with me for a long time!

Tanya

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tanya
View attachment 278396

I thought these spiked cells were cancer & still not sure but they could also be dying cells...still so many of them & my oncologist did not know. They really are not up on the lab diagnosis part.

It is interesting but you have to know what ou are looking at.

Bird poop can have lots of things & most of it is harmless but knowing whats not good & what it is is not easy...

*Nerd Alert, Science Ahead*

Normal looking for cells can really depend a lot on where they came from. It doesn't look very much like tumor cells to me because they are all roughly the same size and for those that do have nuclei, it is round and roughly the same from cell to cell. Cancer cells tend to get really big lumpy nuclei because the DNA is often mutated and is being replicated abnormally fast. When cells die by programmed cell death (apoptosis), the nucleus is cut up and packaged in tiny little balls of cell called blebs. This are easily taken up and recycled by the immune cells that serve like the trash collectors of the body. Alternatively, some cells in the body eject their nuclear material as part of their life cycle. Mature red blood cells put out their nucleus to become flexible sacks of hemoglobin (the protein that carries oxygen from out lungs to the rest of our body). Nuclear ejection is a super important step that allows them to become small enough to squeeze through tiny capillaries. Cells that line the parts of our body exposed to air also ditch the DNA. Known as "keratinocytes" these guys link together to prevent tearing, fill up with keratin to resist punchers, make lost of extra lipids to prevent water from weeping out of our bodies and discard their nucleus to form skin.

*End Nerd Alert*

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Wow...thanks I also saw alot of red blood cells in a roulette sp? coin stack clump pattern. Uggh GROSS alert:

Do wonder what makes those spikes but I was reading a dying cell sort of shrinking...

cancer P1000829 12 12 16 (2).jpg

:omg::faint:

This was discharge of fluid from the endometrium which had I think they found 2 types of cancers & maybe a serous.

There was a piece of tissue with a white knotty clump. I do think that was cancer cells. I think in the long villoglandular pattern??? I forget & they really never were quite sure as biopsied samples showed a easy peasy slow cancer & the surgery pathogoly which they ran twice showed a totally different figo grade 3 aggressive cancer. The surprise to all of this is I also had ovary cancer 2mm's from getting outside the ovary!!! So they called it 2 independent stage 1 cancers...

So this is the first time someone thanked God for endometo cancer as it shows early & ovary does not so that might have killed me!

cancer 11 20 16 P1000763  (2).jpg

:omg::faint:

Tanya

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tanya
I really do need to say though that I'm not actually a doctor (yet) and what I say shouldn't be used as diagnostic or treatment advice.