• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Micro Pot-Belly Pig in Ontario needs new home

DWRVT

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Debbie
With deep regret, I must re-home my micro mini pig :(
Two of my dogs are aggresssive with him and although all of my dogs get along together plus don't bother with the birds or the cats, they just won't accept Wilbur.
I have been working my best to change this but as a prey animal, Wilbur squeals when one of them snaps at him and that just makes it worse. Finally hit me that this is not fair to Wilbur when I had to pull one of the dogs off him 2 days ago.
He is an awesome pig and does not deserve to live in fear :(
I can send info to anyone who is interested in providing a good home for my house hippo

Sheri

Meeting neighbors
I feel for you. We have 4 dogs and 1 pot belly. They cannot be together, ever, as all of the dogs are aggressive towards him, even the 7 pound Italian greyhound.
The only way it works at my house is that he accesses the yard through the garage and the dogs use the back door. Once we thought he was in and our big guy grabbed him behind the neck. The screams were enough to get us to stop the attack immediately, and thankfully he had minor injuries.
Dogs and pigs do not generally make good companions and if you can't segregate them, then you are wise to find Wilbur a new home even though it breaks your heart.
I wish everyone were so committed to their animals.