• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Michigan Members!!! Lost Kitty UPDATE: OLIVER IS HOME!

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
This sounds morbid, but post lost kitty posters at the nearest cemetary. Uncle is caretaker at a near by cemetery, always finding strays. That is how he wound up 'Tinny', she was hiding in bushes. She was terrified, but with alot of love and some tuna/ sardines. She was able to find a soft place to lay her head down. Uncle search CL, local papers, laundry mat bulletin boards, trying to find her owner. No luck, so she came home with him. Tinny, Black Beauty and Frosty are the indoor kitties at the farm.
Add some prayer to St. Francis the Oliver come home soon.

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Any luck?

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I am sorry T that he's missing. I hope and pray he comes home. Have you taken his favorite dog out around the area? Sometimes the sniffer is one of the best detectives to have! You never know, I am sure he's okay maybe just scared and hiding. I am sure you have posted lost flyers and asked Neighbors.

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
It's raining again so he's probably hunkered down in someone's garage.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
:sadhug: :bighug:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Shared! I am so sorry he isn't home yet!

SquawksNibbles

Real Name
Kiera
Aww, I'm so very sorry that Oliver isn't home yet. :sadhug2: I'll be praying for his safe return. :hug8:

Theresa

AKA TMS
Administrator
Chief of Police
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
OLIVER IS HOME!!!

How Oliver came home.
Saturday night while I was at work I got a text message from a nice lady that there was a deceased cat on 13 Mile between Kelly and Gratiot.
I left work early so I could go and check on this Kitty to see if it was Oliver.
I grabbed a box from work and some gloves so I can pick up this Kitty because there was no way I was leaving him behind, even if it wasn't my Oliver.
I got to where the kitty was and noticed right away that it was not my Oliver. I picked up the kitty put them in the box petted his soft fur and said "I'm sorry baby" I had just put him in the back of my SUV when a man and his daughter walked up. They said that they thought maybe it was their neighbor's cat but he would have a green collar on, there was no collar on this Kitty but there was an impression of one. The young lady looked around with her phone flashlight and found a tag with his info and phone number. His name was Milo ❤
We were able to reunite him with his family, so he could be buried in their backyard.

Sunday evening I get a text message that says "did you find your cat/" I said "no Oliver is still missing" the young lady precedes to tell me that there was a cat that was being fed by someone and it had the grey collar and the light eyes like Oliver. They saw the sign when they went to the Family Dollar.
I asked if they could please either send me a picture or catch the cat and I will be over there to take a look at it. I get a text message not even five minutes later that they need my address, they have him in the car, and they're on their way. My daughter and I went outside to wait for them they pull in and in the young girls lap is my Oliver. My daughter snatched Oliver out of the girl's arms, hopefully nicely
This was followed by a whole bunch of ugly crying on everybody's part. I ran in the house to get the reward for for these Angels that brought my baby home to me. When I came back out we started chatting and the lady was crying, and she says "I'm so glad you got him back as our kitty got killed last night. I said "Was it on 13 Mile?" and she said yes. Turns out Milo was their kitty and I played a small part in getting him home.
I feel that because I helped Milo get home, he made sure Oliver came home

Thank you Milo, rest in peace baby

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
OLIVER IS HOME!!!

How Oliver came home.
Saturday night while I was at work I got a text message from a nice lady that there was a deceased cat on 13 Mile between Kelly and Gratiot.
I left work early so I could go and check on this Kitty to see if it was Oliver.
I grabbed a box from work and some gloves so I can pick up this Kitty because there was no way I was leaving him behind, even if it wasn't my Oliver.
I got to where the kitty was and noticed right away that it was not my Oliver. I picked up the kitty put them in the box petted his soft fur and said "I'm sorry baby" I had just put him in the back of my SUV when a man and his daughter walked up. They said that they thought maybe it was their neighbor's cat but he would have a green collar on, there was no collar on this Kitty but there was an impression of one. The young lady looked around with her phone flashlight and found a tag with his info and phone number. His name was Milo ❤
We were able to reunite him with his family, so he could be buried in their backyard.

Sunday evening I get a text message that says "did you find your cat/" I said "no Oliver is still missing" the young lady precedes to tell me that there was a cat that was being fed by someone and it had the grey collar and the light eyes like Oliver. They saw the sign when they went to the Family Dollar.
I asked if they could please either send me a picture or catch the cat and I will be over there to take a look at it. I get a text message not even five minutes later that they need my address, they have him in the car, and they're on their way. My daughter and I went outside to wait for them they pull in and in the young girls lap is my Oliver. My daughter snatched Oliver out of the girl's arms, hopefully nicely
This was followed by a whole bunch of ugly crying on everybody's part. I ran in the house to get the reward for for these Angels that brought my baby home to me. When I came back out we started chatting and the lady was crying, and she says "I'm so glad you got him back as our kitty got killed last night. I said "Was it on 13 Mile?" and she said yes. Turns out Milo was their kitty and I played a small part in getting him home.

Such a bittersweet and emotional story. Glad Oliver is home. RIP Milo

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh my gosh, what a story! I'm so sorry Milo is gone, but so happy for you and your family to get your Oliver home after such a long time!

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly

What a surprising turn of events! Ugly crying indeed.... I can't imagine after 4 weeks and then some - SO glad he is back home and where he belongs. Big hugs to all!