• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Michigan Members!!! Lost Kitty UPDATE: OLIVER IS HOME!

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
So glad your Oliver is home.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Oh man, tears here.....

Thank you for being you.....

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
I'm really, really happy that that little caca cat was found and is home withe you. I'm also sorry for the loss of Milo but maybe it was his way to bring Olliver home. Please attach a LARGE cowbell to him - he might not be able to go far but at least you'll know where he is.

Oh, um, if Ollie isn't fixed I'd suggest you have it done. It does minimize the "roving" after lady cats.

Last edited:

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
Poor Milo. I am so happy that you got Oliver back home and that you could play a part in returning Milo home. What a story. Hopefully another kitty will come and help to heal the other family.

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
OLIVER IS HOME!!!

How Oliver came home.
Saturday night while I was at work I got a text message from a nice lady that there was a deceased cat on 13 Mile between Kelly and Gratiot.
I left work early so I could go and check on this Kitty to see if it was Oliver.
I grabbed a box from work and some gloves so I can pick up this Kitty because there was no way I was leaving him behind, even if it wasn't my Oliver.
I got to where the kitty was and noticed right away that it was not my Oliver. I picked up the kitty put them in the box petted his soft fur and said "I'm sorry baby" I had just put him in the back of my SUV when a man and his daughter walked up. They said that they thought maybe it was their neighbor's cat but he would have a green collar on, there was no collar on this Kitty but there was an impression of one. The young lady looked around with her phone flashlight and found a tag with his info and phone number. His name was Milo ❤
We were able to reunite him with his family, so he could be buried in their backyard.

Sunday evening I get a text message that says "did you find your cat/" I said "no Oliver is still missing" the young lady precedes to tell me that there was a cat that was being fed by someone and it had the grey collar and the light eyes like Oliver. They saw the sign when they went to the Family Dollar.
I asked if they could please either send me a picture or catch the cat and I will be over there to take a look at it. I get a text message not even five minutes later that they need my address, they have him in the car, and they're on their way. My daughter and I went outside to wait for them they pull in and in the young girls lap is my Oliver. My daughter snatched Oliver out of the girl's arms, hopefully nicely
This was followed by a whole bunch of ugly crying on everybody's part. I ran in the house to get the reward for for these Angels that brought my baby home to me. When I came back out we started chatting and the lady was crying, and she says "I'm so glad you got him back as our kitty got killed last night. I said "Was it on 13 Mile?" and she said yes. Turns out Milo was their kitty and I played a small part in getting him home.
I feel that because I helped Milo get home, he made sure Oliver came home

Thank you Milo, rest in peace baby
OMG! I am so very happy for you! Karma is amazing. God has blessed you and you so deserve it. Give Oliver a kiss for me!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
OMG what a fantastic story this one was! I am so pleased Oliver is back where he belongs and will be happy and it is sad about Milo but I sure am pleased you were able to get him home for the family to say their goodbyes and bury him.

Theresa

AKA TMS
Administrator
Chief of Police
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thank you everyone! I still can't wrap my mind around it! I cried writing it out and cry when I retell it, and I've had to retell it a lot! I'm just happy to have him home, but my heart breaks for Milo's family :sad1:
Oliver is very thin, and has been mostly sleeping since he's been home. My little suburb of Fraser has been beyond amazing in the support I've received. I've had a page for him since he's been missing, they want me to change it to an Oliver fan page :heart: How sweet is that? :heart: They call him Fraser's mascot :lol:

I'm really, really happy that that little caca cat was found and is home withe you. I'm also sorry for the loss of Milo but maybe it was his way to bring Olliver home. Please attach a LARGE cowbell to him - he might not be able to go far but at least you'll know where he is.

Oh, um, if Ollie isn't fixed I'd suggest you have it done. It does minimize the "roving" after lady cats.

Please, everything in my house other than the birds, Mark and Alex, is FIXED! LOL
Alex, Oliver and Kano on the dog bed
P1200812.JPG
Oliver spooning with Kano!
P1200880.JPG
He now sports a Tile and a getmehome tag! Microchip on Friday
P1200779.JPG

SquawksNibbles

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kiera
Oh my gosh, what an ending! I’m extremely glad that you got your Oliver home! :heart: So sorry about Milo the kitty - breaks my heart, but you are so kind to bring him back to his family so they can bury him.

That video. :xflove: I’m on the verge of tears now. I’m so happy he’s back. You love him SO much and it is clear in that video. Oliver is a lucky boy to have such a caring Momma who never gave up on him even after weeks. :heart: Oliver’s love for bananas is hilarious, but adorable. :heart2: I hope you guys have many, many more years together. :hug8:

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
So happy and glad that Oliver is home. Rest in Peace little Milo.
I was going to suggest a micro chip. We have family friend who use work for the local humane society. They micro chip every animal that leaves their door. She got frantic phone call, a cat they bought at humane society was missing, in their house. Could they please tell them where the cat was. Like the chip was radar.
We all cracked up laughing.