• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

MIA Brittany & Java

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
:hug2::hug2::bighug: I'm sorry that you are feeling so down. I hope that it turns around soon. I also know what it is like. Don't be a stranger. We are a family and want to help in bad times as well as good.

Leih

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
My depression has been under control, fortunately, but I definitely have been there. I felt like my face would break if I had to socialize with anyone. The only thing that helped besides Wellbutrin was talking to a friend who also has depression. I think it's hard to relate to if you haven't experienced it, and it's hard to believe that people actually care, but they do, and we're all here and wishing you well. This will pass, although it may be hell until it does. You are not alone. :heart:

fashionfobie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
I am very touched by all the empathy in these posts. I have had very bad bouts of depression. I suffer from complex PTSD.. sometimes the most basic thing feels like lifting a 10000lb weight.

Know you matter. You are not alone. :bluhug:

A fireman told me when I was 6, that I should look in the mirror when I cry. He said then I can accept I am sad and possibly laugh at how silly I look when I cry. --Many times it just makes me mad at the mirror...but for some reason I always remember what he told me. Sometimes I do laugh at how silly I look. -- I think this was only important to me, because he was a total stranger who was willing to comfort me. He was willing to accept that sometimes kids are sad.

It is natural to be sad sometimes. Don't punish yourself for being sad or being depressed. When you are ready you will find your smile again.

Last edited:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm glad you posted but sorry you are feeling down. I hope that you will feel more positive soon. Try to find one good thing every day, hold on to that and give yourself a hug.

Nikomania

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Depression is so powerfully debilitating. My son also suffers from depression, PTSD and anxiety. There was a time when we didn't think he'd be here to see his 18th birthday. As a parent, watching your loved one struggle through depression is such a helpless feeling.

I hope there is someone near and dear to you who you feel comfortable sharing your thoughts and feelings with.
Please know that even though you don't believe others care, we absolutely do. And we want to see you become whole again. :sadhug2:

Last edited:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
So sorry you're going through a bad time. I hope you feel better soon.

Fuzzy

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Roz
:sadhug2::sadhug2::sadhug2: Awwwwww Brittany. I sympathize and empathize with you.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Hey Brittany! PM me if you need to, I know we’ve talked about this before. I’m actually on TWO anti-depressants. And can still become depressed. It can be a chemical thing, but you carry so much on your plate girlie. Don’t forget to make time for you.

BTW - look at all the support you have here! :heart:

@Nikomania I’m sorry your son has all that. My daughter does too. It is so scary when it’s your child.

birdlover123

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Nick
Hi Brittany

I'm sorry not to have seen the post earlier and hope you are hanging in there. If depression has been a big part of your life and you haven't tried anti depressants for fear of the stigma attached to admitting you have a problem then I would strongly suggest you give them a shot. When you mentioned not wanting to taint someone else's day with your problems, that rang a lot of bells with me. I was kind of ashamed of my depression for many years and pretty much in denial until out of desperation I tried a low dose of fluoxetine and it has worked brilliantly for me.

Of course, everyone is different and I'm not a doctor and I'm not prescribing you anything in particular, I just wanted to let you know that if you are in the kind of place I was in - nothing else working and you haven't tried any type of anti depressant yet - it could be worth looking into and discussing it with a doctor. I wish I had done it 20 years ago. My life would have been very different.

Chin up :)

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Hi Brittany

I'm sorry not to have seen the post earlier and hope you are hanging in there. If depression has been a big part of your life and you haven't tried anti depressants for fear of the stigma attached to admitting you have a problem then I would strongly suggest you give them a shot. When you mentioned not wanting to taint someone else's day with your problems, that rang a lot of bells with me. I was kind of ashamed of my depression for many years and pretty much in denial until out of desperation I tried a low dose of fluoxetine and it has worked brilliantly for me.

Of course, everyone is different and I'm not a doctor and I'm not prescribing you anything in particular, I just wanted to let you know that if you are in the kind of place I was in - nothing else working and you haven't tried any type of anti depressant yet - it could be worth looking into and discussing it with a doctor. I wish I had done it 20 years ago. My life would have been very different.

Chin up :)
Good point about the denial thing, Nick. I was just out on the beach and met some people who were saying the same... that if you bottle it up you become worse or become ill, that you have to share it with someone. Even if you go to an AA meeting and say this is what's bothering me - that's what one lady said her dr. told her to do, and she did, and it helped.

Brittany. Big hugs to you honey. Feel better.

d_msparkles

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
I’m sorry you are having such a rough go, @Brittany0208. You are always loved and treasured here.
Depression is awful and I know nothing we say can pull you out of it, but I will be wishing for the clouds to lift and maybe a long term fix for you. I am glad Java is well and you have each other. Caring for my little Waffle always helps me when I’m having a rough time. :sadhug2:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Brittany we are your bird family and hope you feel safe here. Miss you both!

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hey, guys, Java and I are back after a few months' hiatus. I honestly didn't expect to be away as long as I was, but it's given me time to sort through some things and pull myself together. Java and I want to thank everyone for the kind words while we (mostly me) endured some personal hardships. It feels nice to be back.

Nikomania

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Welcome back! We've missed you and Java!

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
I/we are so glad to see you back and feeling better and I'm sure Java is happy that Mamas happy so kick back and relax, post when you feel like it:hug8:

Cat The Great

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Caitlyn
Hey, guys, Java and I are back after a few months' hiatus. I honestly didn't expect to be away as long as I was, but it's given me time to sort through some things and pull myself together. Java and I want to thank everyone for the kind words while we (mostly me) endured some personal hardships. It feels nice to be back.
I am so glad that you are back Brittany!:) Glad you are feeling better.:hug8:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Nice to hear from you Brittany! So glad to hear you and Java are ok :) ❤

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I am so glad that you are back Brittany!:) Are you feeling better?
For the most part, yes. Had to step back and center myself. I've been exercising everyday alongside daily yoga, and eating healthier, so its helped tremendously. I've also gotten in touch with a friend who I haven't spoken to in ten years, and we've picked up where we left off, so it's nice to have someone to talk to and hang out with. Some days are still a challenge, but I'm handling them a bit easier.