• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Met the cutest little Goffin

Lwalker

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
She lives at a local farm feed and supply store (they do not sell parrots) and apparently is the much loved baby of the owner. She was taken out of a situation where she bullied and her head was plucked by cage mates. Now she has a lovely set up (big cage, toys etc.) and her feathers seem to be coming back. The staff said she spends days in the store getting attention and overseeing everyone.

And she is smart! I asked the staff if I could touch her and they said "ask her (the parrot), she'll let you know." She was in a cardboard box ripping it up. So...I stood beside her and spoke quietly to her for about five minutes before she came out and started to chirp back at me. Then I said (feeling a little silly) "Do you like head scritches? Can I give you some?" and I crooked one finger and wiggled it. She looked at me and then walked right up to the bars and bowed her head for scritches! We stood there for ages. She was such a doll.

Before I left the store I saw a man go up to her and say "ha! It looks like a buzzard - c'mere" and he stuck his finger in her cage. She took one look at him and turned tail back into her box as the man mumbled "stupid buzzard."

Made me laugh. Smart little cookie. But also worried me that she was out in the open but staff assured me they keep an eye on her and don't let people harass her.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Aw, she sounds adorable. I bet she likes the busyness of the store. You will have to go back just to visit her!

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Cutie! :) Yeah, why bother with rude people!?