• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Merry Christmas!

gabe_

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Gabriel
:cutedeer:Hey everyone! So I saw this idea from someone on youtube which I don’t remember the name of, but I thought to give it a go. Budgies need to get into the cristmas spirit too! I hope you all get inspired and do the same with your birds!

Note: I do warn that you take EXTRA precaution if you decide to do this. First, make sure that if you’re getting lights that they are BATTERY POWERED, NOT 120V. If something goes wrong we don’t want to put our birds in harms way. Also, since the design of my cage has an overhang, my budgies could not reach either the little ornaments or lights even if they wanted to. I used miniature glass ornaments designed for little mini trees since the big ones were too big, and since my birds arent the type to get stressed too easily, I thought to give it a go for the first time. They were frightened at first sone they’d never seen something like it, but not even 5 minutes later they were acting like nothing happened. Please be careful and take precaution if you decide to do this with your bird! I am NOT responsible for whatever you decide to do. (Also excuse the bed frame to the side, we’ve been moving some furniture). Have a happy and safe Christmas from Gabe, Tiki, Mango, and Clouds :)

Edit: Don't be alarmed! I know the cage is a little small for the three of them (and honestly, the camera makes it look way smaller than it really is; they actually do have quite a bit of room to flap around and play), which is why Tiki and Mango are already packing their bags to move out. This was a temporary thing because we had gotten them and moved, but now that we're settling in they should (hopefully) be getting a bigger cage for the two of them soon.

Attachments

Last edited:

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Merry Christmas to all of you!