• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Mera is all over the place

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Mera is learning she can fly everywhere she wants. She is still learning to fly from the ground up, but if she is ontop of her baby cage, she'll fly to my bed, night stand, lamp, land on the curtain rods, try to fly ontop of the door frame, etc. Lately she is flying into the window. Not at fast flying speeds, just a casual baby flap-flap-flap BONK. Slide. Floor. Looks around and starts to fly again. So Im teaching her what the window is and that she should try and fly to the Windowsill not actually into the window. But she LOVES to look outside, so I like to just place her on the windowsill and she'll stay there for quite some time.

She is starting to refuse her morning feedings. Its really really hard to get her interested in food anymore (now that she is flying), but she isnt picking up any of her soft foods (just playing with them) so I want to make sure she is eating. Maybe now that she is 12 weeks old and been flying for a week, she'll start to pick at and actually eat her food items or allow me to feed her like Im suppose to.:rolleyes::heart:

Im trying to order a Kings Java playstand for her, so she has a better goal to fly to, but so far each playstand I choose is sold, so its been a process.. hopefully I'll hear from them soon (or I'll keep calling them daily) to see if they have this or that in... they need to keep their website updated better :) I have asked for a list, hopefully they can send me a list of Java's Large and Double Java stands that they have in.:cool1:

MollyMouse

Biking along the boulevard
:yah: Mera!! So glad her flying is going so well. We need to see lots more Mera pics especially flying shots :D

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
:yah: Mera!! So glad her flying is going so well. We need to see lots more Mera pics especially flying shots :D
I wish I could get flying shots. They are always blurry and my camera isnt the greatest :(

I need to upload recent pics of Mera, will do so today or tomorrow:D

Alex

Take a stroll down the Avenue!
Sounds like she is a handful! Now if only you needed to go out of town so I could watch her :p

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Sounds like she is a handful! Now if only you needed to go out of town so I could watch her :p
I wont be leaving town for quite some time, but if Im ever going down Oregon with her, you'll be the first to know!:D

Onyxena

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Morgan
sounds like fun! My 5 month old BG Cabo is into everything too! Then he settles down and wants to snuggle and just be adorable. He was flying all over and kinda became a pest. I havent had a baby macaw in so long, its so fun to watch them develope their personalitites.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
sounds like fun! My 5 month old BG Cabo is into everything too! Then he settles down and wants to snuggle and just be adorable. He was flying all over and kinda became a pest. I havent had a baby macaw in so long, its so fun to watch them develope their personalitites.
Oh I know, its soo much fun watching their personalities come out:D:dance4:. And after she has neglected me, after she is done with her flying, she'll fly into my lap for a snuggle. A total meltdown into a pile of red mush.:heart::heart::heart:

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Awww,sweet baby Mera.:heart::heart:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
sounds like she is doing so well!!!

allison

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
I'm sure you like this better than her playing dead!

jessherpaco

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Sherry
Yay sooo proud of her! Paco is right about the same way right now! Getting better but still crashing into things!

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Yay sooo proud of her! Paco is right about the same way right now! Getting better but still crashing into things!
Yeah yesterday she picked up speed and flew into the window a bit hard, her beak has a bruise on it. My poor baby. Im keeping the blinds down now and will only allow her onto the windowsill when Im right next to her. But she is now flying from the floor up. She is flying clear across the room. She'll make circles around the room.:hehe: And she is getting much better with her landing as well. Just the window. She sees a great fun perch outside the window (the fense) and Im sure she thinks she can fly to it and land on it. My poor baby. But she does love to perch on the windowsill and watch the world go by.:heart:

I think today I'm going to take her out into the living room/family room area so she can fly a bit more. But we shall see.

Status
Not open for further replies.