• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Melon enjoying the sun! And losing her brown feathers!

Riptide Queen

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Uri
Since I had night shift, I left the house early with my partner and we took Melon with us to get some fresh air since she enjoys going outdoors with us! It's also super nice to see that because she's still molting, she's slowly losing her brown feathers and it's being replace with nice green ones! Very soon she will be all green once again! And her flight feathers are all starting to coming as well!

*** Her feathers turned brown due to stress and inadequate nutrition when she lived with my partner (I scolded him because he got too lazy to feed her properly and the only time she was able to get better foods was when I would go over at the time I had also gave him many handouts for him to read and study on as well as informed him a lot but he felt that video games were much more important than her health, and she's imprinted on him so it stressed her out more when he wouldn't give her attention.....) The reason why she had to stay with my partner was because my mom did not want Melon in the house, - she thought all birds were dirty and disease ridden which i told her that's false but she gave me Hell so i had to have my partner care for her for about 3 months until we moved into our new place and then my mom said I can bring Melon home. As soon as she came home to live with me, i immediately gave her many fresh nutritious foods everyday, and trained her so she would not be biting us all the time. She's come a long way and she's doing much, much better now.

My partner saw how much work I had put into her care (because she was not happy, and I was also very angry at him. He felt really awful (because I gave him the information, even had talked to him about her care and we even spoke to her avian vet and he gave us lots of great information so he didn't really have much of an excuse. But again, video games were more important for him back then. (He's 22 years old) and now is also putting in a lot of effort to caring for the birds, he now would ask questions, and I would gladly help him out. Melon still coos affectionately for him.***

tumblr_onr4s94j9M1usgpc6o1_1280.jpg
tumblr_onr4s94j9M1usgpc6o2_1280.jpg
tumblr_onr4s94j9M1usgpc6o3_1280.jpg
tumblr_onr4s94j9M1usgpc6o4_1280.jpg
tumblr_onr4s94j9M1usgpc6o5_1280.jpg
tumblr_onr4s94j9M1usgpc6o6_1280.jpg

WallyLoopey

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kate
Beautiful Melon :) I love how the harness matches her beak in pictures

Onur34

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Onur SOPACI
Wow nice pictures! Fresh air and the sun will help a lot to have a better psychology and of course better view and health.