• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Meet Zeus!

Ankou

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Sondra

"Excuse me, may I eat your camera?"

I've really been missing having a dog of my own and last week just broke. I went to the shelter to see who was there and if there was anyone that was a good match.

They think he's around 2 years old and no one really has any idea what breed he is. I'm thinking maybe shepherd, something spitz, and pit bull? Some Akita? Maybe elk hound? The world may never know.
His hips are higher than his shoulders, he has a curly tail, amazing eye liner, a fatty neck roll, and he's... well, not the brightest.

Checking things out his first day home.

Either way, it works well because Zeus doesn't get bored easily and is content to sleep while I work or sit with Peanut. I actually kinda wanted to get a shepherd puppy for myself, totally fell in love with the breed through Axel, but that just isn't right for me or that dog. A lovable idiot of indeterminate breed is a great fit.

Gotta love March in Alaska. Well, the dogs do anyway, SNOW! More snow! Snow again! Hey mother nature? Stop.

He has some issues we need to work on but he's already so loving and pretty chill until food or other animals are involved.
I know nothing about his past but flinches if you raise your hands too fast, inhales his food, and was certainly outside a lot based on his thick winter coat he started blowing at the shelter. It makes me sad because he's just the sweetest dog, it's not his fault he doesn't know manners.
I'd say he's adjusting extremely well though. I overthink things, he doesn't. He just seems to want a place where he can feel secure and loved. I have that.

So welcome to your forever home, you silly little oddball that somehow ended up named after the chief deity in the Greek pantheon!

"Seriously though imma eat that camera."

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Awww, lol! I’m alternately cracking up and having fuzzies reading this! I’m glad you found a new furry friend. :)

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Congratulations!! He is gorgeous!! I can’t Wait to see more pictures of magnificent Zeus’ avdentures!:D

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
What a sweet, boy! Welcome Zeus! You just won the doggy lottery.:hug8:

MommyBird

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
A lovable idiot of indeterminate breed is a great fit.
I overthink things, he doesn't.
You are a lucky person to understand what you need and be able to find it.
I think you will both learn from each other and be a great fit.
Congratulations!

Fia Baby

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Beth
Congratulations - he's a beautiful boy! It can be a challenge to take in an older dog when you already have one at home. Good luck, hopefully it will uneventful! I love his mask... What is your other dog? Looks a bit like a tervuren in the photo.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Congratulations!

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Congratulations!! Thanks for taking him in :heart:
Congratulations - he's a beautiful boy! It can be a challenge to take in an older dog when you already have one at home. Good luck, hopefully it will uneventful!.
I second that!! Best of luck with him :hug8:

AkasyaEllric

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Morgan
He is so cute! He honestly looks like a straight up german shepherd lab mix to me. Curly tails seem to present themselves even without an ancestry of curly tails aka spitz. You could always invest in a doggie DNA kit too, I'm sure that would be fun!

EllaMay

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
April
Awww he is a cutie patootie! So happy you rescued him and gave him a forever home. :xflove:

Lodah

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
:fairy2:Welcome home!

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
I'd say Shepherd, Spitz, and Elkhound. You can always shorten it if you like. Zeus looks like he fits right in. :heart:

When people asked what breed our mutt was, we told them he was Lab + fence jumper. He was a few fries short of a Happy Meal, but he was a good boy... for the most part. He had a bad habit of stealing food from the counter if it wasn't pushed out of reach.