• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Meet Pistachio

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
He looks like a beautiful birdy - I hope the vet visit goes well. If you're eating something does he show any interest in your food? If so, either eat/pretend to eat a piece of fruit and break off a piece for him or offer him the end you weren't eating.

If he was hatched in April, I'm guessing you haven't had him for very long so he's also getting used to a new home. Fids are funny though, they don't always like being watched when eating so maybe he's sneaking small nibbles when you aren't looking?

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Awww he's cute!!!

likeaarbear

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Aaron
He looks like a beautiful birdy - I hope the vet visit goes well. If you're eating something does he show any interest in your food? If so, either eat/pretend to eat a piece of fruit and break off a piece for him or offer him the end you weren't eating.

If he was hatched in April, I'm guessing you haven't had him for very long so he's also getting used to a new home. Fids are funny though, they don't always like being watched when eating so maybe he's sneaking small nibbles when you aren't looking?
I just brought him home Saturday. I have not taken him out for very long periods just yet or to come eat with me, I want to let him adjust slowly. I will sometimes eat in front of his cage on the ground but he just eats his own food. I am going to try to eat some fruit in front of him then offer him some today.

Last edited:

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
He's beautiful! Welcome, and I hope the vet visit goes well!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@likeaarbear You were looking for a red-bellied parrot, too, at one time, weren't you? I'm too lazy to search through posts.

ode.to.parrots

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Cary
:welcome2:
Such a cutie!

likeaarbear

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Aaron
Do you want an all Poi flock?
@iamwhoiam I think at some point I will for sure be adding another Poi, I really like what I have read about them. Senegals, RBP, or a Meyers, not sure yet. I do not plan to breed in case anyone is wondering.

I would like to add a sulpher crested cockatoo in the far future too when I own a house.

Also, that is a damn good memory that you remembered!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I love all birds but am a huge fan of Pois.
@iamwhoiam I think at some point I will for sure be adding another Poi, I really like what I have read about them. Senegals, RBP, or a Meyers, not sure yet. I do not plan to breed in case anyone is wondering.

I would like to add a sulpher crested cockatoo in the far future too when I own a house.

Also, that is a damn good memory that you remembered!

You and Jiffy were looking for red-bellied parrots and I believe there was someone else looking, too.
I think Pistachio is adorable and it was great that you were able to find the right baby for you.

likeaarbear

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Aaron
I love all birds but am a huge fan of Pois.

You and Jiffy were looking for red-bellied parrots and I believe there was someone else looking, too.
I think Pistachio is adorable and it was great that you were able to find the right baby for you.

Thanks. Couldn’t be happier.

Do you have any advice for these guys?

Lodah

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
So cute! :heart: