• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

meet Lizzy my bearded Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashley

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Ashley
here is Lizzy and her cage setup

100_2508.jpg

100_2509.jpg

100_2512.jpg

100_2514.jpg

100_2515.jpg

and advice on cage setup would be great..I am looking around for a bigger tank.

M

M.C Bird Rescue

Hi,
Cute Beardie...
Is that a heat or Uvb?
I would get a bigger tank in time, and I never use carpet...just good old news paper or paper towel works the best. I dont like nasty bacteria.

He also needs a bowl large enough to soak in..they like soaking especially when larger. I would get him a small cat litter box and fill it 1/2 way up. They LOVE it!

Emmilyy

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
he's very cute! I love beardies, i wish i could have one!

Ashley

Real Name
Ashley
Hi Crystal
I have both uvb and a heat light. I am working on getting a bigger tank. I am watching for one on craigslist. I'm hoping to get a 55 gal for Lizzy. I am working on getting the carpet replaced with newspaper. I'm heading to petsmart for bigger bowls. With all the traffic lastnight I couldn't make it their lol. I am also going to put a critter cavern in their as well. Thanks for the tips and keep them coming. It has been a while since I have owned a beardie so all the help I can get is great

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
Lizzy is great thanks for sharinf

Archiesmom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Awww, so little! Yep, I would work on getting a larger tank. I would also look into some full spectrum lighting, something that emits UVA and UVB rays. You want to make sure that you've got the heat in the right range as well as the humidity (I'm sure you already know all this, so I'm just yakking). I don't have any beardies, but I do have Tokays :) They are more tropical mind you, but I do have lots of information on tank regulation, as well as if you wanted to set up a terrarium/vivarium (although I'm not even sure thats possible to do in a desert setting, I've only got mine set up for tropical).

Its too bad you don't live in MN! I've got a 55 gal. Long tank that I'm going to be looking to get rid of. Need to move the fishes to a bigger tank so they can continue to grow (more for Fatty's sake, because he's doubled in size!). We're negotiating for a 300 gallon, although I have no idea where we are going to put that monster hehe. Oh well :rolleyes:.

Archiesmom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Oh, PS- A naturalistic background is something that is really appreciated by all lizards, as it allows privacy and gives a more natural setting for their environment. I made my own background, using the egg crate that you can get at any hardware store, sculpting foam, brown silicone and then baked coconut fiber. It was time-consuming, but otherwise very easy! PM me if you'd be interested in something like that :)

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
what a little darling she is..great set up

Sharpie

Avenue Veteran
She looks great, I hope your tank search goes well.

Status
Not open for further replies.