• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Meet Clint Cockatiel

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
I wasn’t going to post him because he loooks rather.... abused. This is Clint. He’s over 20 years old, we don’t know exactly how old. He doesn’t have a crest and as you see his wingie is a little crooked.

I noticed the local shelter had him, and they keep tiels and toos together so the room is incredibly loud. I told hubby it was sad for him to be there and that I wanted to go look. Hubby usually oppposes anything like this but as we headed out the door he said “aren’t you going to take a carrier?”

So they said he was a bird with no name, and hubs said oh like the man with no name and called him Clint. Sigh. Whatever.

Well we brought him home of course. It’s been right around a month (I’ve lost track) and he likes Torrie *a whole lot* but he hasn’t figured out much about getting out of his cage. If he does manage to fly out, he can’t get back. :D If you offer a hand he bites it, and if you offer a stick for stepping up he bites it but he does step up, complaining all the while.

He doesn’t like me much but he will play a really fun whistle game with me. He takes his only 2 notes that he knows and makes them into a pattern and I have to whistle it back. Sometimes it’s close to 15 notes long. He likes hubby a lot and has even stepped onto his shoulder once.

I believe that he was separated from his mate or his flock, and he called continually for them even during the night but it’s much less now. I hate that people do that to birds.

Anyway. Please don’t call the humane society, I didn’t do this. LOL

293DA0E3-EEE3-48FE-A23B-3553284F7863.jpeg B68A2F91-38D2-4C86-8760-565C921B8EF6.jpeg

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
He is cute!
Clint has more head feathers than my Iggy!
Thank you and your hubby for giving him a loving home.

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Anyway. Please don’t call the humane society, I didn’t do this. LOL

View attachment 285458 View attachment 285459
:hug8:
No worries from me :heart: Its great that you could give Clint a loving home even if he doesn't like you or never warms up to you ;)

I hate it when people are judgmental about what a bird looks like. People just don't understand somethings. I use to get that with Zane sometimes. I get the concern but sometimes people are so irritating the way they go about it. Like when they talk about your bird negatively in earshot but never actually have the nerve to talk to you directly. I really do get the concern but you can't judge the whole situation by what you see. Then some people are just down right rude. Urg! Sorry I went on a bit of tangent there :giggle:

Anyway congratulations on getting Clint!! He's a cutie :heart::xflove:

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
This will be an amazing thread to follow. I can only imagine his progress in your home. :heart2:

Nikomania

Rollerblading along the road
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
What a beautiful little guy! Welcome home, Clint!

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
I had a good chuckle over your hubby asking if you were going to take a crate. You're an angel! Minus the crest he's still a cute guy!

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Ahww what a good story! Welcome home Clint:heart::heart::heart: I love the gouldian peeeking in in the last pic:D

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
He’s so cute!!:xflove: I’m so glad you took him in, and your husband is awesome. :heart: He looks like he needs a little TLC, and you’re just the person to give it to him. I can’t wait to follow his progress!:fairy2:

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
oh poor guy! lucky you found him.

does he manage to fly even with that wing?? do you think other birds plucked his crest and broke the wing?
Yes and yes. I’m going to do everything I know to do to get the feathers growing but I suspect they won’t cone back..
His flight is erratic and he doesn’t land well but he manages to get to the general area.
I hate it when people are judgmental about what a bird looks like
I know! Plus he doesn’t you know: TALK. He’s very sweet though. And you know what’s amazing? When I put him in the bird room and Tori and spirit seemed to realize he can’t move around, so they sat all day long on perches right outside his cage. His door is open but he doesn’t come out much yet.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
He is a cute grumpy old man bird. Welcome Clint, you certainly found a great person to pull the heart strings of, your life will be full of loving things now so you no longer have anything to be a grumpy bum about :)

MiniMacaw

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lisa
He’s beautiful. :heart:

That reminds me of when I had my first dog. He was a rescue pit bull with cropped ears and starved. When I would walk him around before he put on weight people would look at me like “shame on you lady.” Lol I wanted to tell everyone we walked by I didn’t do this! :wacky:

I’m so glad he found a soft place to land with you.