• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Meet... Caesar and Twilight.

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Their previous owner, a friend of ours (him and his partner were renting the house we are in now before we moved here), unfortunately just recently had his partner leave him after 14 years of being together, and he had to move in with his brother (who can’t have any animals there, plus he doesn’t know how long he will be there for), and him and his ex had 3 cats – one went with his ex as they have had this cat for 14 years now, and he had to find a home for the other 2 remaining cats.. he had been ringing around, with no luck, everywhere was full, plus they couldn’t guarantee they would be homed together, and both cats needed to be kept together, they would be lost without each other. He was pretty much told by every person he spoke to trying to get them to take these 2 cats, that they would be put to sleep and he wasn’t willing to do that, him and his ex both adore these cats, and have had them for sometime now, they are like their children and they would be devastated if they were to be put to sleep. :grumpy:

Anyhoo, he was in the area we live in when he remembered us, and he turned up here at the end of not last week, but the week before (hoping we still lived here), and he explained what happened and begged my mum asking if she can take the 2 cats, my mum being a softy, said of course. :wacky:

Sadly he also found out not long after his partner of 14 years broke up with him, that he has cancer, so he has to have blood transfusions to get his blood levels up, then he has to have surgery, and then he does chemo, so it is going to be a bit of a long road for him, quite sad when he is a wonderful man, he is the most nicest, and caring person, and he is only in his mid 30’s. :(

Enough of me talking, here are the 2 cats. They were dropped off here Monday (6 days ago), they have settled down here nicely and made their-selves at home, they are both inside cats only, one of them is a bit skittish (Twilight), but the other one (Caesar) is the biggest sook!

Here is Caesar (male), he is a Blue Russian, and quite a big cat!

And this is Twilight (male also), he is a Ragdoll x Chinchilla.

I have only got a few photos of them because I wanted to let them settle in, but I will post more when I get some nice photos of them with my DSLR. :)

cupoftea

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Anna
Awe, you are wonderful for taking them in. :hug8:

Lo_

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lauren
Very beautiful! Congrats :D

faeryphoebe1

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
What gorgeous fellows! That's sweet of your family to take them in.

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Beautiful kitties! Glad you and your mom were able to help.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
That was very kind of you and your mother.

Matt

TalkinTimneh

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Kathie
Glad that your family opened your hearts and home to keep these two beautiful cats together. I'm sure it has eased the mind of your friend knowing they'll be loved and taken care of.
Love the last picture of Twilight...he's a gorgeous cat!

Jeddy

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Jan
So wonderful you where able to kept them together. Looks like have settled in nicely.

MandaExotics

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Amanda
Best wishes to your friend and congrats to the two new furry additions, they sound like very lucky kitties indeed :hug8:

Bird_lover6

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
JoJo
I will pray that your friend makes a full recovery and will someday be reunited with his feline friends. And it's great that you are willing to help him.

Reactions: Lo_