• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Medium Sulphur Crested Breeders?

CaliCash

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Mike
I was at a rescue and discovered a beautiful Elanora(Med Sulphur Crested), but he’s gone and was told they hardly come in, usually it’s all U2/M2s. Everywhere I look it’s extremely difficult to just find one, let alone breeders. Does anyone know of any good breeders?

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I help at a rescue and I've never seen one come in at ours. We had a Lesser for awhile. They're definitely cute. I don't know how up to date this is but here are some listed for sale:

Medium Sulpher Crested Cockatoos for Sale

Fia Baby

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Beth
I can't help you find a breeder, except to say that I have seen them for sale on sites like "birds now." I think they were about $1200, a couple years ago. I can say that I have a 29 year old female whom I had for her whole life, and I love her sooo much. I'm always surprised that these guys never gained more popularity - they're beautifully proportioned, friendly, love to ham it up, and seem to be easier than u2's and ms'2 from what I hear. (But they aren't as big and weren't given the PR campaign that the u2's and m2's were...) The males do have a reputation for aggression when they're older, at least in breeding situations. The mediums seem to be less high-strung and phobic than the lessers as well. Good luck - I think if you keep looking you'll find one.

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Try JC Aviary in Texas. The price is a LOT higher than a few years ago. Good luck.

BrianB

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
I have a friend here in AZ that breeds Galerita’s. I know he has two chicks at the moment but I don’t know if they are sold or not. He is Sonoran Sun Aviaries on Facebook.