• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

measuring spoon toys

Parakeet88

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
I made all of my birds these simple foraging toys, so far captian is the only one I've caught using it but my other birds are small and it takes them a bit to warm up to new things. I'm sure they'll come to like it eventually. Going to try putting some almond butter on the spoons later today to see if that gets more attention (also thinking of sprinkling with millet to gain interest). Right now they have coconut oil on them and captian loves it! He's really the one I had in mind when making these, since he has fused feet he needs easier foraging options. If I can get Ben to use his I'll mix his dried greens in too since he's picky with his chop.

Alien J

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Janet Rush Van Eyck
Great idea! TD has always played with some measuring spoons. They've hung in his cage as long as i can remember. I never thought of using them as a foraging opportunity!

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
He looks like he is enjoying that!! Good job Mom!

Tser

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
ChuChu's favorite way to use these is to smash them as hard as she can into the cage bars! They make such a great noise, and the treats in them go flying!

I love how delicately your conure is tasting the coconut oil, *dab dab dab*.