• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Meanwhile, at the Finchly House...

Nikomania

Rollerblading along the road
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I was wondering who ended up with Angel. She’s stunning!

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
She's actually playing with toys! @Crys12065 said she didn't bother with them too much.... so is Ernie who never does either, so I'm thinking they're doing a flock thing. :)

Yes she is beautiful, but headstrong. :rofl: I took her to see the little birds yesterday. She flies so fast, I've never had one that can fly like her. So she flew around and got the tiels flying, everybody in the cages freaked, there were crashes and birds behind cages and everything. So I put up everybirdy except Angel.... and she would not come down. I tried my hand, a perch, a tall person, a ladder. She'd just zoom to a different location. My fault for having so many good landing places!

The bird room lights were going out. Finally we put the dog on a leash and left bird room open. A good half hour or more later, here came Angel walking on the floor! She traipsed through the kitchen, into the office, flew up onto her cage and went in. Just like "so what?" Or maybe "now where's my dinner?"

She's loving chop, and yells at me to give it to them.

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
A good half hour or more later, here came Angel walking on the floor! She traipsed through the kitchen, into the office, flew up onto her cage and went in.
That is so typical female Pi's. :D
They really like to handle things on their own.
I often just call at my girl's when I want them to come.
And yes, they also like their food very much. :D
That you can use for bribing her later when she knows you better.
I often say that Akela will do almost everything for a sunflower seed, and that is true. :)

They are excellent fliers. I call Akela my little jet.
She is so fast and can hoover, turn around and fly the opposite direction.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
They are excellent fliers. I call Akela my little jet.
She is so fast and can hoover, turn around and fly the opposite direction

Wow! I’m impressed. Ernie is a little chunky, plus he never flew before coming here (I think). So he’s a terrible flyer, he can’t aim or land where he wants to.

Yes I’ll teach her to come to me — we are still early in the getting-to-know-you phase. I (try to) teach them all “fly to me”.

Glad to know that’s typical for Pi females, thanks. :)

Meatball

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
She's actually playing with toys! @Crys12065 said she didn't bother with them too much.... so is Ernie who never does either, so I'm thinking they're doing a flock thing. :)

Yes she is beautiful, but headstrong. :rofl: I took her to see the little birds yesterday. She flies so fast, I've never had one that can fly like her. So she flew around and got the tiels flying, everybody in the cages freaked, there were crashes and birds behind cages and everything. So I put up everybirdy except Angel.... and she would not come down. I tried my hand, a perch, a tall person, a ladder. She'd just zoom to a different location. My fault for having so many good landing places!

The bird room lights were going out. Finally we put the dog on a leash and left bird room open. A good half hour or more later, here came Angel walking on the floor! She traipsed through the kitchen, into the office, flew up onto her cage and went in. Just like "so what?" Or maybe "now where's my dinner?"

She's loving chop, and yells at me to give it to them.
LOL she can be such a little turd! She is a great flier because she's been flighted pretty much her entire life, so I am sure she will teach Ernie. I am happy to hear she is settling in so well and seems so comfortable with you guys already. I said when you met her and she immediately let you scritch her without wheezing that was a very good sign, she's usually very nervous with new people for awhile. And yay for playing with toys! I think her and Ernie will be very good for each other. I miss her but am so happy she is doing well.❤

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
LOL she can be such a little turd! She is a great flier because she's been flighted pretty much her entire life, so I am sure she will teach Ernie. I am happy to hear she is settling in so well and seems so comfortable with you guys already. I said when you met her and she immediately let you scritch her without wheezing that was a very good sign, she's usually very nervous with new people for awhile. And yay for playing with toys! I think her and Ernie will be very good for each other. I miss her but am so happy she is doing well.❤

I think they are good for each other! And yes, at your house I was listening closely but never heard a wheeze. He set her crate in the car so I could talk to her, and she was content. Maybe the rain helped! She’s liking all these foods i’m Giving her, too. I’m sure some are new to her but she digs right in.

She is a very good birdie. Thank you from the bottom of my :heart:

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Dobby will just hide somewhere he likes then come waddling out when he's done announce DOBBY! I'M DOBBY, etc in my voice so males do it too and he's also the best flyer of all the Maxi's I've had so far. When he first got here he did the fly away every time we tried to put him to bed too but he's gotten better now that he knows us and eventually goes in one way or the other without so much fuss.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Dobby will just hide somewhere he likes then come waddling out when he's done announce DOBBY! I'M DOBBY, etc in my voice so males do it too and he's also the best flyer

of all the Maxi's I've had so far. When he first got here he did the fly away every time we tried to put him to bed too but he's gotten better now that he knows us and eventually goes in one way or the other without so much fuss.

Ah. So it’s not the Girl Way, it’s the Pi way. :lol:

I’m sure you’re right, she’ll settle into the household and the routine.

Dobby sounds really fun.

fashionfobie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
She is gorgeous! She has that look in her eyes, the look of an old soul. I wish I could meet her. She seems like a wonderful little bird :)

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
She's stunning - so glad she's found such a good new home.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Thank you @fashionfobie and @tka .

I think we reached a new level this morning. I had forgotten to shut her cage. Not a big deal, Ernie is right by her and his is always open. The dog sleeps in a crate. So about 7 a.m. I was sitting on the couch so as to let hubby sleep in, and here came Miss Buzz-You-As-I-Fly-By. She did a few laps (we have really tall ceilings) then she landed in a fake tree. She stayed there awhile, and I went to get her. She stepped up willingly, and let me take her back to my seat. eventually she stepped over onto a tv tray and spent about 15 min looking all around. She's been more of "my" bird today.

And yep her eyes are gorgeous.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Oh pardon me, I was mistaken. She isn't "my" bird. She's chosen hubby. Flies to him and sits on his shoulder.

He gives a lot more scritches.

.........but I let her walk around on my desk...:crycry2:

Hjarta5

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
Shes just testing whos got the better scritches and treats right now :lol:

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
They pick who they pick. My first two Maxis picked me, Dobby has chosen my sister and flies after her every time she leaves his sight. He used to try to feed me and get scritches but then he discovered she does all the cool things with food and reminds him of Momazon. I'm in charge of walnuts and protection now. Sometimes when I pick him up to move him or bed time he'll fluff a bit and allow a quick scritch so we're working on it and he loves everyone he meets.

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
It's crucial to work out who gives the best scritches in a household! You don't want to choose your person then realise that the other one gives better scritches!

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
It's crucial to work out who gives the best scritches in a household! You don't want to choose your person then realise that the other one gives better scritches!

Karen

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh pardon me, I was mistaken. She isn't "my" bird. She's chosen hubby. Flies to him and sits on his shoulder.

He gives a lot more scritches.

.........but I let her walk around on my desk...:crycry2:
You're going to have to up your game. Get busy with that chop!! :xflove: