• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Martin's Life...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RAE

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
RAE
IMG_0321.jpg IMG_0055.jpg

Martin coming home (while still in the car) and my husband putting together his cage. Love that Greta, our mini dachshund, is watching it all from the comfort of the sofa.:) As a reminder, Martin is very much a baby. He has done very well today...eating,pooping and playing. Life is good! BTW, his favorite toy of all appears to be a drinking straw!

RAE

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
He sure is a handsome little guy! Looking forward to hearing how he wraps his claws around you...they always do, you know...;)

RAE

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
RAE
Yes, he has his talons in us already, LOL! Growing up on a farm and my family always having a parrot, Martin was something I had wanted to add to our family for a long while now. Our neighbor just found out that we got a "bird" and she called to tell me that she is so disappointed because she doesn't like chickens...I laughed!!!!!:rofl: Chicken? I explained, or at least tried, that Martin is NOT a chicken...he is a parrot and at no time would anyone mistake him for a chicken....I don't think she believed me. So, hopefully the first sound he learns will be of a rooster crowing...I am already on it!!!!:laughing12: I guess she wasn't afraid of Lucille (Quaker) because she is small enough not to be confused with a chicken? :hehe:

She is a very nice neighbor but obviously needs new glasses IF she think Martin looks like a chicken....

RAE

wonderb

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
That is too funny! Some people really don't "get" birds at all. Martin is beautiful, definitely doesn't look anything like a chicken!

My coworker and I were discussing our pets and I mentioned playing with my bird, and he says "You can play with a bird? How do you play with a bird?!" I was like, birds are more interactive and smarter than most pets, actually! Olive just tore a piece of her toy off and is using it to scratch behind her head right now. How many dogs do you know that can make their own head scratcher?? :lol:

RAE

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
RAE
I hope Martin learns to scratch his own head because my husband and I are getting very well trained...obviously he has feathers coming in - I can see and feel them - and he LOVES to be scratched behind the head, under the chin, and really anywhere else we attempt. Poor kid....this afternoon we finally had to stop because he started begging for a head scratch and a while later he was DEMANDING it with voice and raised head and extended wings....lil brat! But •••• he is so cute!

RAE

Marlene

Welcome to the neighborhood!
Real Name
Marlene
My U2 demands I do her pin feathers on her head every day! If I stop she grabs my hand and fingers in her beak.:rolleyes: That is her way of telling me she wants more scritches.:cool:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
congratulations..he is GORGEOUS

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I hope Martin learns to scratch his own head because my husband and I are getting very well trained...obviously he has feathers coming in - I can see and feel them - and he LOVES to be scratched behind the head, under the chin, and really anywhere else we attempt. Poor kid....this afternoon we finally had to stop because he started begging for a head scratch and a while later he was DEMANDING it with voice and raised head and extended wings....lil brat! But •••• he is so cute!

RAE
Martin's got the training of his humans started already! :hehe::hehe:

SallyQZ

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Loree
Ooooh, he's so cute! Ack - goffins cuteness overload!!!! :heart:

Dani

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
VERY VERY VERY CUTE!! Perfect cage too!! Loree is right, Goffins cuteness overload.........I have to go love on my Luna now! :heart: ENJOY your new baby!

mama bird

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Pauline
What a sweet little guy! I love his name. :D

11bryces

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brice
very pretty bird and woaow big roomy cage yesss ! i can't wait to see it full of toys and other stuff :D

RAE

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
RAE
I will take/post some photos of his new set up...it is getting filled with toys, etc. I use one of his dishes for foot toys...small shoes, etc...yes, I pick up the lot every night and replace in that bowl, but it seems to be working well...it knows where to find his toys. However I also tie a few shoes around the cage...it is a major goal to untie ALL those shoes! Which keeps the lil bugger very busy!

RAE

Status
Not open for further replies.