• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Maroon belly conure questions

souldier

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Abbi
Hi everyone, I have a few questions about Maroon belly conures!

I would love to have another bird to love and care for (probably after I leave home) and a companion for my cockatiel when I'm not home, and was wondering if they would get on well with a cockatiel? My cockatiel is not interactive with other birds but will give scritches if wanted, and has never bitten anyone or anything. They could have seperate cages but preferably would be able to hang out together out of cage (supervised of course) I know it depends on the bird, but are conures in general social birds or would they get jealous?

My other question is noise! Are they loud? I have owned loud budgies and cockatiels, we also have a very loud dog - I myself couldn't care less but I'm thinking more for my cockatiels sake lol.

Is there another type of conure that would be better? Or another species?

Kodigirl210

Rollerblading along the road
I honestly don’t know how well a Tiel and conure would mix. Conures tend to be very energetic and can be bossy. Tiels are more laid back. Your poor tiel might be run ragged by a conure. AA members usually recommend like to like and getting a Tiel who is more interactive my make your Tiel more interactive. Just a thought. Best of Luck!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I had two and neither of them were noisy. My first one got along well with my 'tiel, but my second one was not as friendly with my 'tiel although they could sit together outside of their cages as long as they were closely supervised. Really depends on the individual birds.
Neither of them were loud. They both became nippy when they hit puberty.

souldier

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Abbi
I honestly don’t know how well a Tiel and conure would mix. Conures tend to be very energetic and can be bossy. Tiels are more laid back. Your poor tiel might be run ragged by a conure. AA members usually recommend like to like and getting a Tiel who is more interactive my make your Tiel more interactive. Just a thought. Best of Luck!
I did try that actually, and my poor Pikachu hated it so much! He was such a sweet little thing and from the moment she saw him she hated him. I tried so many things but could not get her to like him so just ended up having to rehome the poor guy:c

However she seems fine with my budgie, kermit, although he is not tame at all and just wants to breed with her - hence way I am probably giving him to a friend. It's not fair on him to not have a friend of his own.