• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Manipulation or coincidence?

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
Most nights when it's time for Blu to go to bed and I say "Ok Blu. We gotta go night night" all of a sudden he turns into a real sweetie pie (no matter how naughty he's been all day) & then he automatically says (in the sweetest cutest voice) "Good bird?"

Then he starts all his cutesy sayings and it's all in a soft sweet voice. During the day his speech is not like that at all. It's loud and funny sounding.But at night it's sweet and soft:rolleyes:

Sometimes he will even go to the top of the cage and pretend he's doing something, or start preening like he's too busy to hear me. :blabber:

So I wait patiently and then I will repeat myself a few times and try to convince him to finally go to bed.

Today he was being so sweet and cute that he stayed up an hour too late. I know I'm going to pay for that tomorrow when he's extra cranky. o_O

Is it possible that he turns on the extra cutesy stuff to try to trick me into staying up late? Are they really that smart? It can't be a coincidence. Can it?

metalstitcher

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
LOL he has you lol toal game play. Gracie does this kinda stuff to me all the time. trying to be all cute and fluffy and cuddles. And do we buy it yes because we can't say no to the fluffy face... :headsmack:

alicat

Real Name
Ali
Piper does it too. If I stand up to put him back in his cage he immediately puts his head down for scratches and is like "wait mom you have to pet me!" after trying to attack my fingers seconds before. Lil turd :shifty:

MommyBird

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
oh yeah he knows exactly what he's doing and he's playing you like a champ!
My Hahns does the same kind of stuff because I am such a sucker for cute.
I always stop walking when he's on one foot stretching his wings so suddenly at bedtime his wings need lots of stretches. Then he flattens himself hard to my face, and pushes his head hard into my hand and says "scratch? scratch?"
Once I finally get him in the cage....he need a bedtime drink, and another bedtime drink so I have to wait.
Thank goodness I never started reading them bedtime stories!

Aubrey

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:hehe: So cute :heart: ........ And playing you :D

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
:angel4: Sheer manipulation - also known as cupboard love - you take it out and use it when needed and then put it away til next time.:naughty:

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
Thay are too funny!

I wonder if I could turn the tables on him? If he's being extra mean to me during the day, I wonder if I tell him it's time to go night night if he'll fall for it?

Or would that backfire on me?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Thay are too funny!

I wonder if I could turn the tables on him? If he's being extra mean to me during the day, I wonder if I tell him it's time to go night night if he'll fall for it?

Or would that backfire on me?

I tried to do something like that to Jingo one time when I went to let him out. He was being naughty so I said, "fine, stay in your cage. BYE!" And he yelled BYE in what I can only call a sarcastic way as I left the room. LOL

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
I tried to do something like that to Jingo one time when I went to let him out. He was being naughty so I said, "fine, stay in your cage. BYE!" And he yelled BYE in what I can only call a sarcastic way as I left the room. LOL
:coffeescreen:

That reminds me of something Blu does sometimes. When he's got this attitude going and I'll say - oh really? And then he'll scream and mutter nonsense in such an angry way. It's like a foreign angry drunk man. :lol:

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
As expected, he is sooo mean today. He just bit me hard while I put his sprouts down and then had the nerve to say "no bite" That's his first time saying that. Tonight he's going to bed early.

Heather F

:coffeescreen:

That reminds me of something Blu does sometimes. When he's got this attitude going and I'll say - oh really? And then he'll scream and mutter nonsense in such an angry way. It's like a foreign angry drunk man. :lol:
You may not be able to understand the words, but you always know when a bird is cussing you out in Parrot. :rofl:

Gddmsam

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Sam
:laughing6: this thread has me in stitches. Sounds like you've been had by a smart little bird. Though I should be careful as I'm sure that in time my Boba will learn to bend me to his little will.