• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Manila rope perches

KimKim

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I bought 2" and 1.5" Manila rope from the Knott and Rope Supply to make rope perches for an aviary. I'm going to try and glue pvc end caps on and ss eye screws. Hope it works :angel1:
IMG_2978.JPG

KimKim

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I have gorilla glue and a hot glue gun, what kind did you use?

goosegirl

Meeting neighbors
I am planning to do the same thing. I'd like to know which method of gluing the pvc pipe caps worked best.

CeciliaZ

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
I have gorilla glue and a hot glue gun, what kind did you use?
I used hot glue. I drilled a small hole through the PVC end cap, added the eye screw, then the glue and quickly inserted the rope. The glue is not visible. It has held up well. I have made them for their indoor cage and their aviary outside. They have held up well - but I do have small birds - tiels. Good Luck!

jakibros

Sitting on the front steps
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jackie
I just purchased 1.5" Natural untreated 6 ply Hemp Rope from the same supplier. I am running a SS 1/4" rod thru the center since I need more stability for my disabled CAG to perch outside her cage in front of the window. I also purchased some 1.5" 3 ply cotton to do the same but this seems a lot lumpier. Making a prototype to see what works best. Getting large manzita branches is difficult in New England and long wood branches are too heavy to hang from my ceilings. Anyone try the Eco Bond Farm Safe Adhesives?

KimKim

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Post pics when your done :)