• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Male ekkie needs a home, indiana

Status
Not open for further replies.

redbarnmacaw

Sprinting down the street
please don’t post other options or sadness of us giving him up. Please

He’s a calm guy doesn’t like to be pet. Happy sitting on your for arm. Sitting, preening or eating. He loves to eat, there isn’t much he doesn’t care for. Except soft fruits, he loves bananas any way you can offer them, he loves air popped corn, all veggies that are safe ... his favorites are bok choy, broccoli, Swiss chard. He does get a small amount of volkman ekkie seed, also a walnut, almond or pistachio.

He does not like kids. He is very scared of them! He isn’t always polite. He loves to dinosaur rawr often.. we call it his way of thanking us, also his way to reprimand us while loud having fun. He loves his bed time & mornings even more! He DOES bite, never drawing blood. It’s more a pinch with a hard twist. He screams a lot, it can be loud, but there usually a reason behind why. He really dislikes kids - I can’t repeat this enough I don’t want him to a home where kids even visit daily. Oh, he roars after you shut the doors, of feeding & water. When your a little to close to his cage while he’s in it.

He loves to talk, but won’t do it while your watching. One day you come home to him shooting “HEY or HI babe!!” Giving sweet soft kissing noise, saying so quiet awes baby, baaaaaby aaaawwwwe. Whatcha doing . HEY whatcha doing, he’s hums some song from old fashion times. He has a lot to say , it comes out in his own time! He loves heavy metal

We do live in south bend indiana. Were unable to help with transportation. My wife’s become 90% bed ridden. I can’t drive.

The reason we’re looking for placement for him, we’re moving. There is no other place to land besides with someone older, set in his ways & doent want a bunch of stresss or loud noises.

If you want to know more message us please!

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Sounds like a wonderful guy. :)

Hope you can find a great new home for such a unique personality soon! (I love the dinosaur RAWR ;))

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
@Milo
You can also message me on FB and I'd be happy to post in my friends section.

redbarnmacaw

Sprinting down the street
We really need to find him a quality home to go to. So many ppl fake lives e t. I’m deathly afraid he’ll fall into the wrong hands. This guy has come a long way!! Even if someone from Phoenix - Mesa Az.are that could foster until we get into our place to call him. We’re 100% willing to feed him. Vet care if he’d happen to need one ect.

I hope we repeating the loud isn’t scaring ppl off! He doesn’t scream all day for even more then 10 minutes ... and he’s easy to redirect.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
If someone is interested and transport assistance is need, I live about an hour from South Bend depending on the location.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
That is about 1hr 10 minutes from me depending on traffic. And easy trip if someone can take in your fella.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hope you find a wonderful new home for your Eclectus.

EllaMay

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
April
I am about 2 hours or so from you. I have seen your post for a bit and waffled and with talking with Ella who goes "What" so much and 'Seriously Yes". Maybe a tad too friendly but a doll baby none the less. She would love a another to yappers with, but in the same breath someone to help also.

May I ask his name?

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Hi Chicken...you certainly are a handsome fellow...:)

EllaMay

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
April
We really need to find him a quality home to go to. So many ppl fake lives e t. I’m deathly afraid he’ll fall into the wrong hands. This guy has come a long way!! Even if someone from Phoenix - Mesa Az.are that could foster until we get into our place to call him. We’re 100% willing to feed him. Vet care if he’d happen to need one ect.

I hope we repeating the loud isn’t scaring ppl off! He doesn’t scream all day for even more then 10 minutes ... and he’s easy to redirect.
Btw loud doesn't effect many of us, goodness I had Whitney my U2 who was the voice of all the people and more :D and never thought much of how much she vocalized she was just Whitney. Ella literally just as loud even moreso at times because she just none stops talks and sings (off tune :huh:) and I swear she thinks I am hard of hearing. :depressed:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I'm glad you found him a home.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
That is wonderful news!

rockybird

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
That's good news! If something falls out, I"m in Phoenix and might be able to foster him for a short time, but I hope he has found his forever home.

Status
Not open for further replies.