• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Male Budgie in MN needs a home

Status
Not open for further replies.

VictoryCC124

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Shanna
IMG_2588.JPG I have a little guy who is in need of a safe and loving home. He comes with his cage, toys, all of his food. I took him in, not having any x-small bird experience. I currently have 4 larger birds, and am finding that my home is not safe for him. I would rather find him a new home, than keep him housed in a cage all of the time. He's currently clipped, and quite nervous most of the time, in my rather busy household of kids, dog and large birds. He's not very trusting of any of us. I know he's at least 2 years old, and he's green and yellow. His name is Mac. Please.. Please.. There must be someone who can give Mac a safe and loving home. He comes with his cage, toys, food, treats. I'm located just south of the Twin Cities. Please..

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
I'm not in MN but if there's an AA member who could foster Mac until a permanent home is found for him I would be happy to help. Please PM me to keep this private. @rocky'smom Maybe someone at your clinic would be interested or could help in some way?

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
I would be willing to foster the little guy until a safe loving home can be found for him. my vet is booked solid for the next 6 weeks, so I would ask for vet check prior to taking him on. @SandraK

VictoryCC124

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Shanna
@rocky'smom Thank you! I should be able to get him into my vet next week. Where are you located??
Oh, I see, North Metro. :) I will get in touch with you once he sees the vet. Thank you again, both Mac and I very much appreciate it.

Last edited:

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
@VictoryCC124 I am in Brooklyn Park, this would be foster only, I have 2 cockatiels and live in apt complex. I took on the 2nd tiel, and he was not healthy when I got him. he is now. he was fed Doritos, fritos, human cereal and god know what else. but I don't want to take a chance, you can understand that. you will have to find home for him. I don't drive so if you find a home then you would have to come back and get him. but he will be safe here.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
He is a beautiful boy. He will find the best home!!

WeasleyLover

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
He is a stunning boy! I hope you can find a wonderful home for him.

VictoryCC124

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Shanna
Thanks everyone! @rocky'smom I completely understand. That's so sad about your Tiel. He's lucky to have you! :) I am still actively trying to find Mac a forever home, and will continue until I find one. I will get in touch with you after out visit to the vet.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie

birdfamiliar

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
sara
I can take in Mac~ I need to get some maintenance done on my apartment first, though. Not sure how long that would take, but hopefully not longer than two weeks. Would that be alright? I'm located between MIA and downtown Minneapolis.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
ok, well she has not been on since Weds.

VictoryCC124

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Shanna
Hi guys! Sorry, been a little crazy at my house. I do have a friend who took Mac just yesterday. He's never had a bird before so we agreed that if this doesn't work out for him I'd take Mac back to find him a more suitable home. Fingers crossed that these two hit it off! Thank you so much for offering help @rocky'smom . And to you as well @birdfamiliar , if things don't work out with this new home, I'll get in touch with you. :) Have a wonderful day!

Status
Not open for further replies.