• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Making himself at home

KoZmO23

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Tabatha
Ariel took the biggest step yet last night he decided he would jump off his cage and onto the floor to walk around.When it was time for dinner i put him back onto his cage where he shocked me by stepping up onto my arm without biting and little arguing.Even more to my surprise he then flew which i didnt know he could considering his plucking.After us arguing about him not being allowed to stay under the kitchen table he then stepped up on my arm i looked at him and i said alright im going to put you on my shoulder and i am going to trust you to not bite my face he then decided he would much rather sit on my head as he climbed off my glasses onto my head (i begged him not to poop on my head) the chase to get him back into his cage when it was time for bed was the fun part i am short 5ft 3 and his cage is about 6ft tall its hard enough trying to cover his cage chasing him around it was an adventure as my hubby sits and watches laughing the whole time once i finally got him in his cage and closed the doors he said love you and my heart melted (there is no baby in that pack n play before anyone thinks i put my baby or bird in danger) 10420065_10205828260284096_5406660144916870473_n.jpg

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Awww :heart: and now you'll have to stay one step ahead of him at all times! :lol:

KoZmO23

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Tabatha
Oh yea hes quick i thought about clipping his wings but with my dog and ive read its bad to clip a plucking bird id rather not my dog is well behaved though when it comes to birds hes actually pretty scared of them because my cockatiel bit his nose when he was checking him out on my arm so where ever the bird is hes on the other side of the house hiding lol i actually was talking to my new neighbors that moved in across the street and i mentioned birds and she said bird people are weird as sh*t and i laughed and said i already know im weird apparently she didnt realize the huge cage when my blinds are open

bluedawg

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Mary Murphy
Oh, and they are so much happier when they are flighted - IMHO.

KoZmO23

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Tabatha
my tiel when he was alive used to fly at my face he was for the lack of a better word an stinker lol i still let him fly even though he was a bit clumsy at times and liked to attack me and my hubby having this new bird in my house is great even with two kids and my dog i felt like something was missing without a bird around