• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Magnetic curtain?

Khizz

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hi everyone,

I was just wondering how effective magnetic curtains are for cockatiel-size birds?

At the moment when they are out of the cage I close the door, but the room really heats up, especially in summer. It really impacts their out of cage time because I eventually have to close the cage and open the door to get some fresh air in.

Does anybody use them as their only barrier between rooms?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I used them between the bird room and rest of the house in a house before :) Worked really for us (a green cheek, quaker, and Hahns). The only hiccup would be if they figure out they can crawl under the curtain - mine never did.

Khizz

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I used them between the bird room and rest of the house in a house before :) Worked really for us (a green cheek, quaker, and Hahns). The only hiccup would be if they figure out they can crawl under the curtain - mine never did.
Ah great! Mine are not fans of being on the floor anyway, they don't even like being on the floor of their cage. If they do figure it out I guess I could get a draught excluder :D

I was pondering this problem for ages and stumbled across a post where somebody mentioned magnetic curtains and I could have kicked myself for never having thought of them! To make it worse my dad has some and I go through them everytime I go home! *facepalm*

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Yeah it worked super great for us because we had to have separate out times for Gizmo (Hahns) and the littles, and of course everyone was flighted :lol: We didn't want to totally segregate anyone, so while, for example, Gizmo was in the living room with us, Koopa and Jingo would be in the bird room with the door open and just the curtain up so we could all still talk etc, but everyone was safe :)

Khizz

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Ahh great stuff! My dad just told me he has a spare so I can get it from him next time I'm back home :D Which I'm super happy about because his has magnetic penguins which is more fitting :lol: