• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Maggie eating her crickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevo

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Stephen
A short video of Maggie eating her dinner :D

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
What a cutie pie! I like how the first couple times she looked startled, like she might put up her frill. I wouldn't mind having one if they stayed that size.:p

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
what a beauty!!!!!!!!!!!

Aleu

Avenue Veteran
Maggie is very healthy looking. I love her pattern. Does she take feeders not in your hand too? That's pretty neat she will take them right from your fingers.

Stevo

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Stephen
Maggie is very healthy looking. I love her pattern. Does she take feeders not in your hand too? That's pretty neat she will take them right from your fingers.
She will run around and catch her food too, but it's cleaner for me to hand feed them and not risk leaving any hiding in her enclosure. It also ensures that she gets them still well coated in calcium and vitamins, before they've had a chance to rub it off. Crickets also tend to nibble on lizards at night and can do some damage if left roaming.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
I agree with you there Steve.:highfive:

crystaljam

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Crystal
Ahhh I miss my Beardie. Cricket time was always so exciting!

Aleu

Avenue Veteran
She will run around and catch her food too, but it's cleaner for me to hand feed them and not risk leaving any hiding in her enclosure. It also ensures that she gets them still well coated in calcium and vitamins, before they've had a chance to rub it off. Crickets also tend to nibble on lizards at night and can do some damage if left roaming.
Well that's good she takes them using both methods. You can tell she is very well cared for and her hand-feeding times look like her favorite time of day lol I had my beardie acclimated to take them from my fingers too for all of the reasons you mentioned, but he was also acclimated to feed in a feeding tub in case I went away and the pet sitter didn't want to hand-feed.

How old is the beautiful Maggie now? How do you like the astro turf for a substrate with regards to cleaning and function? I've only used tile and reptile carpet before, but I had been considering the turf.

Stevo

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Stephen
She's coming up on 6months old now :D The turf is great - really easy to keep clean and also easy to remove for a deep clean.

Aleu

Avenue Veteran
Sounds good :) I'll give it a try. If it works out well I kind of wanted to add it to some wooden ramps I made for them to climb on. It might give them more grip :D

Status
Not open for further replies.