• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Made Some Toys

calibird

California Bird Nerds
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Real Name
Ann
So, I started making some toys from the new stuff I got from California Bird Toys. I haven’t made much yet, but I have plenty more materials to make even more toys. :)
Thank you :heart:

LSA

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Leslie
Watch out! Making bird toys is infectious!

My GCC loves his finger trap toys so much, he shares them with the budgies. (Cork stoppers, too!) Tommy, budgie, is at one end and Sir Lancelot, GCC, at the other! Each time I clean cages I find shreds of them! And that one with the lids... watch out... it won't last long!

SquawksNibbles

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kiera
@SquawksNibbles Balsa is another great option when looking for super soft items. The Sola is also available in Sola Sticks.

Oh, yes, I bought some balsa, as well, just haven’t used it! I’ve loved each and every one of the things I’ve ordered so far. You guys are awesome! :)

A lena

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Alona
Hi, I like foraging cups toy and basket and bamboo candy idea.I recently had to unhook my cockatoo from a metal hook that was a part of a shredding? "Toy" Likely I was at home to help.So now I am looking for a safer toys... without metal parts or hooks. Good job on toys without a metal.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
now I am looking for a safer toys... without metal parts or hooks.
I don't mind metal quick links, the ones with a screw closure as long as they're stainless steel or nickel-plated, but the springy kind do scare me. I'm glad your cockatoo is okay. How scary! :sadhug2:

calibird

California Bird Nerds
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Real Name
Ann
I don't mind metal quick links, the ones with a screw closure as long as they're stainless steel or nickel-plated, but the springy kind do scare me. I'm glad your cockatoo is okay. How scary! :sadhug2:

To make sure they are super tight use a pair of pliers to tighten them.