• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Made Charlie a small climbing net!

charlieboy

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Steph
It's easier to make than I thought, just takes a lot of patience :D Made it with coconut rope, used about 3/4 of my bundle which cost me only 5 dollars, if I remember well! So yay! Savings! :)
E8A582E6-6C55-4261-9CC1-E26647B77F85.jpeg 8F5C404A-054B-415B-8D46-0EB04A5653A5.jpeg BFB18FD7-DF98-45FE-9314-6403E4A9D81D.jpeg 6CA65702-0DDB-4F65-8898-274B3537C681.jpeg
Charlie seems to like munching on it, slowly moving towards getting him to climb on it vertically... Gotta get that exercise! <3

charlieboy

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Steph
P.S. This one was a test, I will probably make him a bigger one if he likes it :)

charlieboy

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Steph
That looks great. Might make one for my two now!
Did you tie it to the cage or peg it?
Thanks! A lot of people say it's difficult including the parrot toy maker from whom I got the rope from (he buys his nets) but it was easy for me so I guess it depends if you're familiar with knots in general or not (don't know a lot of knots by heart but with an image or video I can learn fast, and there is plenty on the web). And I just hung some of the loops around the cage locks and used cloth pins xD Charlie was a bit too heavy for the pins though, will have to find another way :p I could probably use some leftover rope or leather strips to tie it to the cage or anywhere else :)

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
What a great job!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
You did an excellent job making that.

Caique_n_Crafts

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Melissa Davis
Did u use video if so link plz?

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
That´s a great climbing net, you did very well indeed. Charlie sure seems to be enjoying it! :)

charlieboy

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Steph
Did u use video if so link plz?

I just used this picture:

1F65EFD7-9DC9-4763-980E-FF2CB1C33048.jpeg

Basically you make a loop with one piece of rope, then pass the other piece of rope inside the loop, and loop it back in the loop again. It will look weird at first but it will be secure once you tighten it :)

For the "frame" you can use one long piece of rope and make 4 "loop" knots on it for the corners, and then I just simple knotted the net to the frame (double knot it if its not secure enough). Probably should have used the same fancy knot to tie the net to the frame too but it would've been more complicated and my bird is light so it was sturdy enough like this :) Basically the frame isnt mandatory, its just if you want loops at the corners of your net or if your net is not big enough as is. You can just make your net and cut off the extra rope or use it to tie your net around stuff.

Here is a video I found for you:

Hope it helps! If not I could make my own video, feel free to ask :)

charlieboy

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Steph
That´s a great climbing net, you did very well indeed. Charlie sure seems to be enjoying it! :)
Thank you! I wonder if he will like it vertical too... I'll keep you updated :)