• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Macaw sighted in Staten Island, NY

~Drini~

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ana
I was on a bus in Staten Island heading back towards the city when I looked out the window and spotted a big red macaw (couldn't tell what species; he was too far to really tell) hanging out on the railing of somebody's raised backyard patio. He could have belonged to the house owners but he was out sitting on the railing, totally free and nobody was out there with him (no bird stands or other bird stuff outside either). It didn't look like anybody was home either.

The house was at the intersection of Narrows Road South & Fingerboard Rd.

I checked online for anyone in the area with a lost macaw, but nothing came up. Figured I'd post here just in case anyone in the NYC area has heard of a lost macaw. It's getting colder and colder here :(

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
:omg:...Hope if he is lost someone takes him in & finds his home!

ode.to.parrots

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Cary
Oh no! Poor baby! I am in NJ, so I know what you mean by it getting colder and colder...

I sure home no one just released him thinking he would be "free and happy" or some other b.s.... Surely someone who loves him would be looking for him? :(

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Maybe free flying? Or is it too cold there now?

~Drini~

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ana
It's not cold enough that a bird couldn't withstand it (today was around 50 F) but I don't know who would take their bird out in chilly windy weather. I really hope he was free flying but it didn't really seem like it... plus the house was side-by-side with a highway which would be an awfully dangerous place for someone to take their bird free flying. :(

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Awww :( I hope he/she will be alright. So strange that's he/she is out there