• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Macaw issue

Tiffany Tran

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Tiffany Tran
Hi my name is Tiffany and I was wondering if anyone can help me with an issue I'm going through with my scarlet Macaw . I have gotten both her and a blue/gold macaw together as a surprise present , of course I myself didn't really know how to care for one and so I researched and etc. the macaws have been rather friendly and playful but when they happen to be together and etc they fight but on their own they're fine . But that isn't currently the issue , today the scarlet macaw
Climbed down her pole and walked inside the house , she has never bitten me before up until today , she bite me aggressively and I was in so much shock to handle it until someone came and took her away from me . I was wondering if she misses trust me ? Was there a factor somehow changed her behavior? While all of this was happening the other macaw was yelling , so did she do this out of fear? please help !

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Hi Tiffany. Not a very nice present, unless you are a very experienced macaw owner. We need more information to help you.
How old are the macaws?
How long have you had them?
How much experience do you have with macaws?
Are they caged together or separately?
When they fight are they just fussing and stabbing at each other or are they fighting viciously?

Here is one truth about parrots, **ALL PARROTS BITE**.
You should always do your very best to avoid a bite. A successful bite is a self-perpetuating bite.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Welcome the forum. We have many experienced macaw owners here who can help answer your questions.