• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Mac

Kimferg9209

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kim Ferguson
Omg... I panicked this morning. I came down and uncovered my cages, and my poor little new girl must have been upset last night because she some how managed to break a blood feather....
SHe didnt bleed out though, just dried blood on her wing a little. I am worried because its only 1 full day she is here and she won't let me close to her or touch her.

I opened her door and after about 3 hours she finally came out but runs if I even go into the room. I am hoping when she finally realizes she is safe she will interact with me

Katy

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
This can hurt one's feelings so much....but unfortunately the bird sets the schedule. I would try not making any direct eye contact, and try dropping a treat when you pass by the cage. She'll come around, but you have to be patient. :)

Kimferg9209

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kim Ferguson
I'm being patient... I just wish I could check her wing closer. She seems just fine. She's preening herself as I type. On top of her cage, quiet and seems content.
I will wait patiently for her to like me :)

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
poor girlie...yes, patience is the key here..

Taigas

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Donald
Patience is a virtue. Or you can cheat like I did.... I got a handful of my Cheek's weakness AKA sunflower seeds. Sat there near her cage motionless for ages and waited for her to hop on my hand to eat the seeds. Eventually, by the end of the day she caved. Ah sweet sweet sunflowery victory.

Kimferg9209

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kim Ferguson
LoL...
I gave Mac some plums and cherries in a bowl in her cage, I sat for about an hour with her door open, she finally went to eat some, didnt care for the cherries though. Then I put a piece of Honeydew on top of her cage and in about 2 minutes she came out. She was tempted several times to come eat my food, but stopped dead in her tracks and just stared me down. I just keep talking to her and calling for her. She watches my every move, especially when Mango is attached to me at the hip...lol
She can't understand why he is always with me. She hasn't made much noise yet, but I'm sure when she's comfy she will.