• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

M/F and Age?

cookie1211

Sitting on the front steps
Hello, I have a Indian ringneck which when I got was told he was hatched at the beginning of November 2016. Which makes him around 6 to 7 ish month old IRN. The bird is currently going through a molt. I personally think he is older because a faint line is starting to appear near his neck and I was told the ring comes at around 1-2 years if a male and lightly for female. I think it's a male but i am not sure. I have attached some picture. If he is older than the age i mentioned How old does the bird look through the picture and is it male or female?

Attachments

Last edited:

AvianCrew

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
michelle
I think I see a light black line. I believe it is male.

cookie1211

Sitting on the front steps
If he is a male Isn't he older than 6 months? Because the line starts showing between 1 and 2 years of age.

AvianCrew

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
michelle
If he is a male Isn't he older than 6 months? Because the line starts showing between 1 and 2 years of age.
He's just starting to grow his ring in. It will get darker overtime. He looks young, so 6+ months, just a guess.

ZoeyFredrik

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nik
I think he's possibly closer to a year, using the eyes to judge. They still appear a little dark, but light enough to signify that he's not a baby anymore. Young ringnecks have dark, dark eyes.