• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Lutino Gender.....Im confused.....Still

• Thread starter Deleted member 29421
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 29421

I adopted this bird off of craigslist because when I saw how it was living, I couldnt sleep from thinking about how lonely it was and what filthy conditions it was living in. I drove to another state to get it LOL. The person I got it from said it was a male but I feel like its a female. Its supposed to be approximately 8 months old. I have two other parakeets (Doug and Carrie). Doug loves the new one but Carrie is a bit jealous so this is also leading me to believe this is a female. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I want this one to have its own friend so Ill be getting another one as soon as I know for sure what this one is.

DSC_7350.jpg

SquawksNibbles

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kiera
Thank you for rescuing that poor baby! Has the bird been to a vet?

Your new addition looks like a female to me. But I could be wrong. Lady Jane and other more knowledgeable Budgie people could probably help more.
:)

D

Deleted member 29421

Thank you all for your replies. Im glad to finally have confirmation of this birds gender. Ill be getting her a companion of her own so Carrie doesnt have to share LOL I really wish the stores didnt clip everyones wings. We found Doug outside on a hot summer day and he could fly but I had to get him a friend and had nowhere to go but the big chain pet store. Of course they all had their wings clipped so Carrie had to watch Doug enjoy flying around until she grew in her new flight feathers. It was kind of sad. I hate to get another one like that but I may have no choice.

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Thank you so much for helping that pretty lady! And welcome! You sound like a great parront:) If there are no rescues, you can check craigslist for unwanted budgies:) There is always an abandence of them in my area.

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
She's beautiful! I can't wait to see more pics... (maybe Doug and Carrie too?) What are you going to name your new little girl, she's so cheery looking and well... yellow! I LOVE yellow!

D

Deleted member 29421

Thank you for the warm welcome. Ive been on several forums in the past and you guys are the friendliest bunch of folks ever! Its a nice change. We've named the new girl Daisy......And here's a pic of Doug and Carrie......On a different note, is it acceptable to have their bands removed? Im always worried they will get hung up on something and I can tell they dont like having them on their leg because they are always fiddling with them as if they're bothered by it.

DSC_7316.jpg

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
What a crazy pretty flock you have! And you take gorgeous pictures:) I would have there bands removed too, my blind lovie is the only bird I have had that is Banded and we are having it remvoved at the next vet appointment. I would make sure they don’t put them under though:)

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Doug and Carrie are gorgeous. I can't wait to hear how it goes with removing the bands... how in the devil do they get those off of there without hurting them I wonder?!

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Our vet just had a tech towel Pistachio while she snipped it off. No anesthesia required. :)

Farlie

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Rick
WOW!!! My favorite color is yellow. That's a beautiful bird you have there.