• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Lutino Cockatiel Needs a Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuBird

Checking out the neighborhood
Hi all. I took over care of a Lutino cockatiel almost two years ago, but my life has changed and I no longer have the time needed for bird ownership. I have taught her to step up, fly to me, and a few other things. She'd much rather sit on my shoulder or curtain rod than play with toys.

Approximately 5 years old, most likely female based on behavior. I have moved her diet from SunSeed to Nutriberries + fruits and veggies, and all vet tests are normal. I will include her Hendrix Prevue cage, toys, accessories, and whatever food she has left.

Louisville, Kentucky area.

I'd like a small rehoming fee to cover my expenses, but just want her to have a good life, and I know that I can't provide that currently.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle

AutumnRain

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kelsey
Is your cockatiel still available? I'm in Michigan, but I know I've read about other Avian Avenue users helping with transportating birds to their new homes before. Your bird sounds exactly like what I'm looking for. I would provide a very loving home. I grew up with birds and miss having them around dearly, and I would love to share my time with a little tiel like yours. I have prior experience with parrots from small to medium, so I know what it takes to care for parrots and how messy they can be (and also how wonderful they are).

Arirang

Meeting neighbors
Not sure if she is still available, but I'm interested as well. I'm close to you, in the Cincinnati area. My parakeet, Flitwick, died unexpectedly of a neurological disorder shortly after I got him. Your cockatiel sounds perfect for me- I want a companion bird that will sit on my shoulder, just like you describe. I have access to the best in vet care, food, etc.

It's fine if she's already gone- I see that was a couple of weeks ago.

Pipper

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Andy
Hi all. I took over care of a Lutino cockatiel almost two years ago, but my life has changed and I no longer have the time needed for bird ownership. I have taught her to step up, fly to me, and a few other things. She'd much rather sit on my shoulder or curtain rod than play with toys.

Approximately 5 years old, most likely female based on behavior. I have moved her diet from SunSeed to Nutriberries + fruits and veggies, and all vet tests are normal. I will include her Hendrix Prevue cage, toys, accessories, and whatever food she has left.

Louisville, Kentucky area.

I'd like a small rehoming fee to cover my expenses, but just want her to have a good life, and I know that I can't provide that currently.
Hey, I have a 15 year old male cockatiel that the parents of their now grown children gave me when their children moved out that would love a cockatiel mate. He's cage mates with a couple of bonded budgies and they get along but of course the bonded budgies attend to each other mostly. So that leaves the male cockatiel, Rio, somewhat bored. I was told he used to have a cage mate a long time ago.

He'd be in a 3'x3'x3'x5' cage with the birds pictured.

I live about 150 miles from Louisville in southern Kentucky.

Attachments

Pipper

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Andy
I forgot to say, I'd drive to Louisville to pick the cockatiel up. No need for you to go out of your way. We can meet where ever you like. I used to live in Jeffersonville and am familiar with St Matthews and other areas.

LuBird

Checking out the neighborhood
My apologies, all. I didn't get any email notifications from replies to this post - only direct messages.

I found her what I think is a great home on the 19th. Good luck to all though.

Pipper

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Andy
I forgot to say, I'd drive to Louisville to pick the cockatiel up. No need for you to go out of your way. We can meet where ever you like. I used to live in Jeffersonville and am familiar with St Matthews and other areas.
I've been advised by the OP that the cockatiel has a new home.

AutumnRain

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kelsey
@LuBird No worries. I found a female tiel with a similar personality and adopted her, so it all worked out. I'm so glad your tiel went to a great home! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.